Sandman

Default Political sleaze at its worst

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...0CRBAEOCF EY?
type=politicsNews&storyID=4097405&pageNumber=1

Here's Joe Trippi's (Howard Dean's campaign manager) letter in response to
the warthog's letter, which started all this **** flying, to Joe Trippi:

http://blog.deanforamerica.com/archi...3019.html#more

Letter from Joe Trippi to Steve Murphy
Read Gephardt Campaign Manager Steve Murphy's letter below Trippi's. Reuters
reports the story.

January 8, 2004

Dear Steve Murphy,

I am saddened by your letter today because sleazy tactics like yours are
exactly the reason that people have stopped participating in the political
process.

Let me be clear, your allegation is ridiculous. The 3,500 volunteers who
have pledged to come to Iowa by caucus time are people who believe in a
better America and a stronger democracy. Many are first time voters who have
chosen to reengage in the political process because they understand that
government has stopped working for the people. They know that Howard Dean is
a different type of politician, and if we asked them to participate in the
activities you allege, they would get in their cars and drive home.

We understand that the grassroots enthusiasm this campaign has generated and
the over 3,500 volunteers who are canvassing in Iowa this month is
threatening to Dick Gephardt. But that is no excuse for you to try to make
Iowans question the motives of these idealistic Americans who are paying
their own way to Iowa to canvass. In doing so, you are practicing precisely
the type of politics that these volunteers are dedicating their time and
effort to stopping.

People are tired of this type of campaigning, which is why we've been
energizing voters across the country with our message of hope and of a
better democracy. As Governor Dean often says, it's not enough for us to
change presidents -- we need to change the way politics work.

Frankly, Steve, baseless political allegations like the one in your letter
lead me to believe more and more that your campaign is not the one to make
this change.

These allegations are not just an insult to Howard Dean and me, but they are
an insult to all of the new people we're bringing into the process. Instead
of these despicable and desperate attacks, you should start running the kind
of campaign that inspires and energizes thousands of new voters so much that
they want to come to Iowa and campaign for your candidate!

I assure you these allegations are false, and if my word is not good enough
for you and Dick Gephardt, for whom I served in 1988 as deputy campaign
manager, then it is with a particularly heavy heart that I send this letter.

Sincerely,

Joe Trippi
campaign manager.

Here's the warthog's below-the-belt shot:

Joe Trippi, Campaign Manager
Dean for America
P.O. Box 1228
Burlington, VT 05402

Dear Joe,

We have been friends for a long time and it is with a heavy heart that I
write this letter.

In the past several weeks, it has come to our attention that your campaign
in Iowa is engaged in an effort to violate caucus rules and send
out-of-state supporters to pose as Iowa residents and caucus in cities and
towns across the state.

First reported in Newsweek (November 22, 2003; enclosed), one of your staff
members has contacted us to confess that efforts to send non-Iowans to
caucus is indeed a critical piece of your "perfect storm" strategy. Despite
your campaign's claim in the Newsweek story that action taken to organize
out of state voters were those of a single "kid from Burlington," we have
learned that the problem is much deeper than that.

An op-ed in yesterday's New York Times (January 7, 2003; enclosed) correctly
points out that one doesn't need "a valid voter registration card or proof
of residency -- any identification at all -- to take part in Iowa's
caucuses. [sic]

I don't need to tell you that not only would such an effort undermine the
Iowa Caucus on January 19th, but it would tarnish the reputation of this
unique political event and threaten the future of something that Democrats
such as us love and cherish.

The necessary course of action for your campaign is clear. You must identify
those in your campaign involved with this illegal endeavor and fire the
individual or individuals organizing this effort within your campaign.

Such an action on your part is not only the best way to ensure the integrity
of the Iowa Caucuses now and in the future, but it would avoid any questions
being raised about Howard Dean's vote tally on January 19.

Knowing you and the Governor as I do, I know you'll do the right thing.

Sincerely,

Steve Murphy, Campaign Manager
Gephardt for President

The simple truth of the matter is that over 3,500 average Americans have
volunteered to drive at their own expense to Iowa to canvass door-to-door
and by telephone for Howard Dean during the week leading up to the Iowa
caucus on January 19. (Similarly, there will be thousands of Americans
across the country doing the same in New Hampshire and every other primary
during the nomination process). GeFart is so lame that he not only
authorized his campaign manager to spread a phony rumor that these 3,500
people are coming to Iowa to commit voter fraud en masse by voting as Iowans
in the caucus, but authorized a release of this lie to the press and went on
Chris Matthews' "Hardball" to defend it, pretending that there are
(undisclosed, unnamed) "reports" of such patently illegal activity.

How desperate and how lame can these old-time slimeball beltway politicians
be???? ****, if Gephardt wins the nomination, and the choice is between
Bush and Gephardt (not a meaningful choice at all) I may either vote for an
Independent, or move to France. Not to worry - not a chance! After Iowa,
Gephardt is toast.

Hell, I've seen how slimy the Bushies on RAO and in the media can be...
Gephardt's slime is but a rat-turd compared to their bottomless sewage.

Lionel

Sockpuppet Yustabe a écrit :

"Sandman" wrote in message

How desperate and how lame can these old-time slimeball beltway

politicians

be???? ****, if Gephardt wins the nomination, and the choice is between
Bush and Gephardt (not a meaningful choice at all) I may either vote for

an

Independent, or move to France. Not to worry - not a chance! After Iowa,
Gephardt is toast.

Au revoir!!!!!!

Are you learning French in perspective of your futur trip ?

Michael McKelvy

"Sandman" wrote in message

[...]

Are these the same Iowa Caucuses (isn't it supposed to be cauci?) that dean
said were dominated by special interests?

Dean is in damage Control mode and not speaking to the press for fear of
sticking both feet in his mouth, again.

The fact is, Dean is every bit the slimeball that Gephardt and the other
naive numbskulls trying for the Democrat nomination are.

They can't win the White House.

ScottW

"Sandman" wrote in message . ..

The simple truth of the matter is that over 3,500 average Americans have
volunteered to drive at their own expense to Iowa to canvass door-to-door
and by telephone for Howard Dean during the week leading up to the Iowa
caucus on January 19.

Is this where the get the count of people going to Iowa?

http://www.deanforamericagame.com/

ScottW