Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default Multiple spaces in recordings

On 26/03/2019 8:04 am, Mike Rivers wrote:
Our vision works sort of the same way. For the first week or two after I
had cataract surgery on both of my eyes, I was amazed at how much
greener the grass and how much bluer the sky appeared. Three years
later, grass looks like grass, sky looks like sky, even with the
filtering effect of the clouded lens removed.

**** it doesn't take 3 minutes let alone 3 years for your brain to
adapt. Try putting on some rose colored glasses, everything looks
immediately pinkish. Take them off after a few minutes, everything looks
immediately bluish. The effect goes away *very* quickly.
The brain takes much longer with sound, but it soon gets used to any
coloration after a while. HiFi reviewers fail to acknowledge this of
course and persist with the "burn in" idea rather than admit it is their
auditory/brain response that has changed after a few days. Critical
measurements easily prove it is not the equipment that changes.