Posted to rec.audio.tech
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default multiple multi-zone preamp loop

Hello,

I'm considering a cabling configuration that may be ill advised. I
have 2 pre-amps each with multi-zone capability. I also have a
computer with a sound card. I need to monitor my computer audio
through my entire house zone, and I want to be able to play music
through the entire house zone at the same time. I also want to cable
my pre-amps together to allow sharing of source devices.

Preamp 1:

Zone1 - home theater
Zone2 - entire house

Preamp 2:

Zone1 - basement audio
Zone2 - music and computer

It is Preamp2 Zone2 I want to focus on. I'm considering this cabling:

Preamp2 Zone-out - computer line-in (play music while monitoring
computer)
Computer line-out - Preamp1 aux-in (to monitor computer audio)
Preamp1 tape-out - Preamp 2 tape-in (to share preamp1 sources)

So, when preamp1 tape-out is set to aux (computer),
And preamp2 zone2 source is set to tape-in a preamp loop would occur.

There is no reason to choose this setting, but it may happen
inadvertently. Would this be harmful? What would happen? I probably
won't even try it unless I'm convinced it couldn't be harmful.

I hope this description is adequate. It's kind of a brain teaser.
It helped me to draw it out. All comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 21 Aug 2006 23:58:05 -0700, "Kevin" wrote:

I need to monitor my computer audio
through my entire house zone, and I want to be able to play music
through the entire house zone at the same time.

Coo! Just like living in a shopping mall :-)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
Coo! Just like living in a shopping mall :-)

But at least you get to choose the music!
No Bert Kampfert, or the 101 strings, unless you really want it of course
:-)

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:44:19 +1000, "Mr.T" MrT@home wrote:

Coo! Just like living in a shopping mall :-)

But at least you get to choose the music!
No Bert Kampfert, or the 101 strings, unless you really want it of course

Anything's better than "boom, boom, boom..."