Tom R

Default Pioneer IP-BUS daisy chain... Pioneer headunit + AUX + Pioneer XM tuner... HELP!

I have a Pioneer DEH-P8500MP headunit. Along with the Pioneer CD-RB20
AUX adaptor, and the Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM Tuner. I have been having
trouble from day 1 connecting the 3 devices. If memory serves me I
have the DC-RB20 AUX adaptor hooked into the headunit, and on that IP
BUS input I have the XM tuner. The XM tuner plays perfectly to the
headunit (radio tags, etc). The AUX also plays but on top of the XM
(the AUX plays across when the source says XM, and on top of the
current XM audio). Obviously that is no good. How can I connect the 3
units up so that I have seperage AUX and XM sources to choose from
(they do not play together?). The AUX device is a direct RCA input
(not a CD changer).

This is what it looks like now...

DEH-P8500MP ----- CD-RB20 (with RCA's going to computer) ------
GEX-P910XM

Should I run it:

DEH-P8500MP ------ GEX-P910XM ----- CD-RB20 (with RCA's going to
computer)

Finally what if I wanted to install a CD changer also over IP-BUS...
where would that hook in? (AUX after the changer, or before, etc?)

Thanks SO much, I am SO sick of tearing my car apart :-)
mayhemkrew

You need to enable the auxially function. To do this, turn the unit off by
holding the source button down for a few seconds. Once off, hold down the
function button for a few seconds until you get into the menu. Once there,
use the cursor arrows to move to the aux section and turn it on. That
should do it, I think.

"Tom R" wrote in message
om...
[...]

N/A

There is another problem that you will run into when you run it in that
configuration... The AUX input and the XM will mix together. You need to
place the CD-RB20 as the last device (unless you run a Changer then the
changer is last) and you really only need a CD-RB10 unless you are going to
run
a changer as well since changers don't have an IN and OUT IP-BUS ports, and
the changer becomes the last device on the chain. You could even add a DVD
player and or a TV Tuner (Pioneer of course) as well. The CD-RB10 or 20 will
go after the XM box this way when you use the 20 you will not get the mixing
of the AUX in and XM. NOW if you do this and add a changer you will have to
mute or turn off the AUX device to listen to a changer unless you like to
mix the two.

Hope this helps,
LH

om...