Mike

Default audio engineering question

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I know that
there are several of you who have professional recording experience. I

am wanting to get started in audio/sound engineering. The school I
currently attend does not offer audio engineering as a major, so I
would have to transfer. I have been looking at several different
schools online when I came across this website:
http://www.recordingconnection=AD.com/

They basically offer a hands on education through an apprenticeship. I

was wondering if anyone has heard of this place or knows anything
about. To me it sounds pretty good, but Im not sure if it is legit or
not. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks=20
Mike

John L Rice

I haven't heard of them but the correct URL is :
http://www.recordingconnection.com/

--
John L Rice

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I know that
there are several of you who have professional recording experience. I

am wanting to get started in audio/sound engineering. The school I
currently attend does not offer audio engineering as a major, so I
would have to transfer. I have been looking at several different
schools online when I came across this website:
http://www.recordingconnection*.com/

They basically offer a hands on education through an apprenticeship. I

was wondering if anyone has heard of this place or knows anything
about. To me it sounds pretty good, but Im not sure if it is legit or
not. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

hank alrich

Mike wrote:

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I know that
there are several of you who have professional recording experience. I

This is a fine place for such a question, since it's one that has been
asked here many times. I'd suggest a visit to Google and through the
Google Advanced Groups Search function purviewing some of the previous
threads, and then coming back with more specific questions formed on the
basis of that info.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

am wanting to get started in audio/sound engineering. The school I
currently attend does not offer audio engineering as a major, so I
would have to transfer. I have been looking at several different
schools online when I came across this website:
http://www.recordingconnection*.com/

There are more audio schools out there than there are living-wage jobs
in audio. But don't let that deter you. If you are competent and
committed you will find work.

--
ha

Kevin Aylward

hank alrich wrote:
Mike wrote:

[...]

That defies statistical logic. Each school only has to produce one
competent and committed soundman, and there wont be a job for all them,
according to your claims.

This is that common fallacy, be committed, and you'll make it. Well it
don't work like that. If there are 1000 more applicants for a job, you
bet your booty that there well be more than one equally qualified and
committed individual, such that there will also be looses with no fault.

This is how it is in the real world, luck is always the final chooser.
Being in the right place at the right time. Let no one kid themselves
any different. Like, I made it cos I was the best. Yeah...right on. Lets
all belive our own marketing posters.

Kevin Aylward

http://www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Kevin Aylward" wrote in message...

hank alrich wrote:

There are more audio schools out there than there are living-wage jobs
in audio. But don't let that deter you. If you are competent and
committed you will find work.

That defies statistical logic. Each school only has to produce one
competent and committed soundman, and there wont be a job for all them,
according to your claims.

That's pretty damn close to being accurate, IMHO. A slight exaggeration
perhaps... but none the less, very reflective of the current state of things
on this side of the pond.

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

studiorat

I reckon there are at least 120 students finishing courses in Dublin
alone at this time of year. And still they keep coming... About 25% are
real quality... They seem to be finding jobs, mostly freelance or short
term contract. Jobs in Studios are very scarse, I know I was lucky.
Still am...

Scott Dorsey

studiorat wrote:
I reckon there are at least 120 students finishing courses in Dublin
alone at this time of year. And still they keep coming... About 25% are
real quality... They seem to be finding jobs, mostly freelance or short
term contract. Jobs in Studios are very scarse, I know I was lucky.
Still am...

Not a week goes by that I don't get two or three phone calls or faxes
from people looking for internships or jobs. Usually asking them if they
can read a conductor's score shuts them up quickly....
Bob Cain

Kevin Aylward wrote:

This is how it is in the real world, luck is always the final chooser.
Being in the right place at the right time. Let no one kid themselves
any different. Like, I made it cos I was the best. Yeah...right on. Lets
all belive our own marketing posters.

Hope you like sparks, Kevin. I once noted that here (not
nearly as well) and they flew for a week. :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
hank alrich

Bob Cain wrote:

Kevin Aylward wrote:

This is how it is in the real world, luck is always the final chooser.
Being in the right place at the right time. Let no one kid themselves
any different. Like, I made it cos I was the best. Yeah...right on. Lets
all belive our own marketing posters.

Hope you like sparks, Kevin. I once noted that here (not
nearly as well) and they flew for a week. :-)

Meanwhile, the alleged preamp is nowhere to be seen. Damn the luck, eh?

--
ha
hank alrich

Ben Bradley wrote:

hank alrich wrote:

Bob Cain wrote:

Kevin Aylward wrote:

This is how it is in the real world, luck is always the final chooser.
Being in the right place at the right time. Let no one kid themselves
any different. Like, I made it cos I was the best. Yeah...right on. Lets
all belive our own marketing posters.

Hope you like sparks, Kevin. I once noted that here (not
nearly as well) and they flew for a week. :-)

Meanwhile, the alleged preamp is nowhere to be seen. Damn the luck, eh?

I made my own luck. It works with an SM57.

Man, that's some luck. Dan Kennedy has had some of that same kind of
luck, the lucky sumbitch. Your preamp probably has connectors and all
that stuff. That's over-the-top lucky. You could hook a mic to it.

--
ha
Kevin Aylward

hank alrich wrote:
Bob Cain wrote:

Kevin Aylward wrote:

This is how it is in the real world, luck is always the final
chooser. Being in the right place at the right time. Let no one kid
themselves any different. Like, I made it cos I was the best.
Yeah...right on. Lets all belive our own marketing posters.

Hope you like sparks, Kevin. I once noted that here (not
nearly as well) and they flew for a week. :-)

Meanwhile, the alleged preamp is nowhere to be seen. Damn the luck,
eh?

http://www.anasoft.co.uk/services.html, let me know if would would like
a complete design. They dont grow on trees.

Kevin Aylward

http://www.anasoft.co.uk
SuperSpice, a very affordable Mixed-Mode
Windows Simulator with Schematic Capture,
Waveform Display, FFT's and Filter Design.

Paul Stamler

"Kevin Aylward" wrote in message
. uk...
Meanwhile, the alleged preamp is nowhere to be seen. Damn the luck,
eh?

http://www.anasoft.co.uk/services.html, let me know if would would like
a complete design. They dont grow on trees.

No, they don't. That's why people charge money for them.

Peace.
Paul

hank alrich

Paul Stamler wrote:

"Kevin Aylward" wrote...
Meanwhile, the alleged preamp is nowhere to be seen. Damn the luck,
eh?

http://www.anasoft.co.uk/services.html, let me know if would would like
a complete design. They dont grow on trees.

No, they don't. That's why people charge money for them.

He cannot yet record anything at all with his so-called preamp, though
it does pass hot air.

--
ha