Jason

Default What am I doing wrong?

"joey_jojo12" wrote in
message s.com...
Snipular action

So where exactly are you grounding it? To the body? Even though it may
seem like a good ground location, it may not be. Also, check your fuses,
and use a voltmeter to check 12v+, remote, and 12v+ relation to ground at
amp. Sucks to have to go through so much, I know. Good luck.

Hamilton Audio

I would say double check that ground....the previous advice is good. use a
multimeter and use the amps current ground to reference 12 volts at either
terminal...

finally, do the "known good" test. take an amp that is known to work well,
and wire it up in this amps place...if it powers up, guess what? yep, that
amp is toast.

(I'm guessing the amp is doa).

Hamilton Audio
Car Audio, Security & Performance

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
I would say it's your battery.

Paul Vina

"joey_jojo12" wrote in
message s.com...
Yes I'm sorry, but I've got another question about an amp not powering
up. I just got a brand new Profile CA200 and it won't turn on at all.
The protection light doesn't even come on.

Voltage at the battery is 12.4v. Voltage at the amp is 12.4v with car
off; so thats fine. Ground is secure and attached to shiny metal with
paint sanded off; that should be fine. Remote terminal has about 12V.
I've tried using a jumper wire from the power terminal to the remote but
still no use. So thats not it. Same thing happens with or without
rcas/speakers connected so its not a blown sub or anythng like that.
Amp is not mounted yet so its not touching metal or anything.

Similar thing happened to my previous amp (usx-4065) which I just
unhooked because I thought it was fried. Only difference was the
protection light would come on for a couple seconds then shut off. On
both amps, after turning the head unit on, the voltage at the power
terminal would drop way down to 1.5ish volts and would gradually climb
back up to 12v. So now I'm thinking if a BRAND NEW straight out of the
box amp isn't working, maybe my old amp is still fine too. It must be
something in my install.

Any ideas? Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting SOOO
FRUSTRATED!
--
joey_jojo12
View this thread:

http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=155176

No Notta

so you spend about 1-3K for a system and now you say don't spend the extra
$15.00 to $20.00....

I have been in this business now since 1979, and the amount of S__t installs
I have seen would boggle your mind......and the amount of experts I run
across on a daily basis is even more thought provoking.......

Any decent IASCA or other shop would do that one more install item, just to
complete the loop and leave the variables out of a sound system....

That's why
"Soundfreak03" wrote in message
other
than that ground back to battery...hey have I said that before? LOL

Perhaps, but WHY?!?!?!
Until someone can provide good reasons and logical why it is better to

spend
more money and time then why would anyone do it?

Les