Posted to rec.audio.car
michael2k6 michael2k6 is offline

Default '90 GMC S-15 installing a stereo...

Hi all,

I have a truck that had already had a aftermarket radio. The wire
harness from the truck was torn up, so the 2 positives and the negative
are exposed. The speaker harness is intact.

The problem I am having is that when I plug the truck ACC and 12V to
the respective wires on the radio, I hear the CD motor run, but the
face doesn't turn on. The only way I have found to get the face to turn
on is to twist the two wires together from the radio and plug it into
the truck's 12V. But then when I plug in the antenna it shorts..

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Michael

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"michael2k6" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

I have a truck that had already had a aftermarket radio. The wire
harness from the truck was torn up, so the 2 positives and the negative
are exposed. The speaker harness is intact.

The problem I am having is that when I plug the truck ACC and 12V to
the respective wires on the radio, I hear the CD motor run, but the
face doesn't turn on. The only way I have found to get the face to turn
on is to twist the two wires together from the radio and plug it into
the truck's 12V. But then when I plug in the antenna it shorts..

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Michael

If the wires are bare, then you may have a blown fuse
There will be 2
one fuse will be radio the other fuse for the radio may be tied in with the
cig. lighter, dome light, or doorlocks.
So check all those fuses as well. both fuses will be in the fuse box on the
lower left of the front dash

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"e-nigma" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

Opps sorry, your fuse box should be under the drivers side dash. I thought
you have the full size chevy...

Multiplex decoder nearly rewired. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 20 November 24th 05 10:08 AM
Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
Playing MP3 into Car stereo? JJonson Car Audio 0 June 2nd 05 05:24 PM
Unusual Case - Connecting pc to stereo help please! Stereo Guy Tech 3 September 1st 03 12:25 PM
stolen car stereo and cigarette lighter marshall Car Audio 1 July 3rd 03 06:58 PM