Posted to rec.audio.car
Pachydermitis Pachydermitis is offline

Default CD gives no sound in rear

Hi all,
I just bought a Sony CDX-GT300. When I am listening to the radio, all
the speakers sound great. When I put in a CD, no sound comes out the
back speakers. I am running the stock speakers in the car without any
amps ( that I know of). I have gone through the manual and each
setting, but nothing changes.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Pachydermitis" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I just bought a Sony CDX-GT300. When I am listening to the radio, all
the speakers sound great. When I put in a CD, no sound comes out the
back speakers. I am running the stock speakers in the car without any
amps ( that I know of). I have gone through the manual and each
setting, but nothing changes.
Thanks in advance for any help.

What year and type vehicle is it?
Because it sounds like there may be a n amp on the rear speakers and the
wrong remote wire is hooked to it.
The sony has 2 remote wires. 1 for power antenna, that sends 12 volts
trigger when the radio is on and turns off trigger when CD is turned on. It
sounds like the power antenna trigger is hooked to an amp and when you turn
the CD on it is turning off the amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Pachydermitis" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I just bought a Sony CDX-GT300. When I am listening to the radio, all
the speakers sound great. When I put in a CD, no sound comes out the
back speakers. I am running the stock speakers in the car without any
amps ( that I know of). I have gone through the manual and each
setting, but nothing changes.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry if this is double post, but it looks like the 1st one did\n't go
through

What year and type vehicle is it?
Because it sounds like there may be a n amp on the rear speakers and the
wrong remote wire is hooked to it.
The sony has 2 remote wires. 1 for power antenna, that sends 12 volts
trigger when the radio is on and turns off trigger when CD is turned on. It
sounds like the power antenna trigger is hooked to an amp and when you turn
the CD on it is turning off the amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Matt Ion" wrote in message

"I am running the stock speakers in the car without any amps (that I know
of)."

Thats why I asked for type of vehicle, so we(rac) can determine if there may
be factory amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Sorry if this is double post, but it looks like the 1st one did\n't go
through

What year and type vehicle is it?
Because it sounds like there may be a n amp on the rear speakers and the
wrong remote wire is hooked to it.
The sony has 2 remote wires. 1 for power antenna, that sends 12 volts
trigger when the radio is on and turns off trigger when CD is turned on.

It
sounds like the power antenna trigger is hooked to an amp and when you

turn
the CD on it is turning off the amp

I don't know if that's the problem or not, but kudos E-NIGMA for the
ingenuity of the solution! I would NOT have thought of that!!!

The FIRST thing that crossed my mind is that there may be separate fader
settings for both CD and radio modes and that the CD settings have the fader
turned up all the way to the fronts. Just a thought.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pachydermitis Pachydermitis is offline

Hi all, thanks for the help figuring this out.
It is a loaded 90 4Runner.
The power antenna works when the radio turns on, so I probably got that
wire right. . .right?
Thanks again

e-nigma wrote:
"Matt Ion" wrote in message

"I am running the stock speakers in the car without any amps (that I know
of)."

Thats why I asked for type of vehicle, so we(rac) can determine if there may
be factory amp

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Pachydermitis wrote:
Hi all, thanks for the help figuring this out.
It is a loaded 90 4Runner.
The power antenna works when the radio turns on, so I probably got that
wire right. . .right?
Thanks again

Sounds right... did you hook that same wire from the HU up to anything else? I
suppose it's possible, IF there's a stock amp, it shares its trigger with the
power-antenna wiring, and both are just expecting the deck to provide a normal
amp-trigger signal (ie. always on with the deck, not just the radio).
Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

"Pachydermitis" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all, thanks for the help figuring this out.
It is a loaded 90 4Runner.
The power antenna works when the radio turns on, so I probably got that
wire right. . .right?
Thanks again

Does the antenna go down when you turn the CD on?
Some of those 4runners had a small amp behind the left (pass. side) rear
panel.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ivar Ivar is offline

Here is a question I posted about a year ago, Does this sound similar to
your problem. I solved the problem eventually.

I just fitted a secondhand Sony head unit and multi disc CD in the boot of
my car.
Models XR-C4100 & CDX-605
Everything seems to work OK except the following strange problems
When using the radio, everything about the front speakers works well, such
as volume, bass, treble, balance. But, if I fade to the rear speakers there
is almost no volume, and adjusting anything else makes no differance.
When using the CD, the front speakers have almost no volume if the volume
control is set to 1 or above and nothing else makes any differance. The rear
speakers however, have no volume if set to 0, but full volume if set to 1 or
above, and all other settings (bass, treble, balance) make no differance,
it's either all or nothing.
So - on the radio the front speakers work all normally, rear does not. On
CD, front is almost nothing and rear is all or nothing for volume, nothing
else for sound adjustment works.

Any idears?

Thanks

Ivar

"Pachydermitis" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,
I just bought a Sony CDX-GT300. When I am listening to the radio, all
the speakers sound great. When I put in a CD, no sound comes out the
back speakers. I am running the stock speakers in the car without any
amps ( that I know of). I have gone through the manual and each
setting, but nothing changes.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pachydermitis Pachydermitis is offline

Yes the antenna goes up and down as it should.
Ivar, so how did you fix it - the suspense is killing me.