jerry franks

Default Tandberg 9000 question

I bought a Tandberg 9000 series reel to reel at an estate auction, it seems to work just fine but I
can't change speeds. It's stuck on the 3 3/4 IPS position and the control won't go up or down. Is
there some kind of interlock to prevent a change?

Tim Schwartz

Jerry,

As I recall the 9000 is a 3 motor machine with the speed switch near
the left edge of the front panel, just right of the power switch. It is
possible that the switch is frozen in one position after having sat for
years. It is also possible that the knob has been rammed too hard onto
the panel. So, I'd try pulling the black plastic knob off, and then
putting it back on making sure that it does not quite touch the panel.
If that does not fix it, you will have to clean the switch, probably
from inside the machine.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics