Jonny Durango

Default Help! - automating patterns in Reason

So I'm generally new to Reason. I programmed a bunch of patterns in bank A1,
A2, A3 and so on and I would like to be able to play for example A1 for 8
measures, then 1 measure of A2, then back to A1 for 8 measures, then A3 for
2 measures.....you get the idea. So I thought I had finally figured it out
when I clicked on the little "Show Pattern Lane" button and I could just
write in the patterns I wanted it to play for each bar using the pencil
tool. But once I got my "automation" programmed and pressed the "Play"
button on the transport bar (not the "run" button in redrum), it would only
loop whatever pattern I had selected in ReDrum. It would play A1 until I
clicked on A2 and totally ignore my "pattern lane" automation. I tried "copy
pattern to file" and even tried hitting the record button and manually
selecting the pattern which I wanted it to play (this did nothing at all).
Can somebody shed a little light? Thanks a billion!!!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

John Payne

"Jonny Durango" wrote in message news:aRS%c.4126$MQ5.1840@attbi_s52...
[...]

Ok, so I am not too familiar with pattern bamks but two things come to
mind with redrum. 1.try copying each pattern to track in the order you
want(which I think you said you tried?) then 2.make sure that the play
pattern switch(i'm not sure of the exact name) is turned off in the
redrum interface. It is a little red indicator light that keeps the
sequencer from playing properly because it will only play back the
pattern currently in redrum.Hope that helps
Jonny Durango

nope that doesn't do it....been messing around with it all day and still
haven't figured it out, bleh!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."