Philippe bdc

Default sonar and edirol fa-101

hello
i am planning to setting up a field multitrack recording system
(documentary 5.1 shooting)
i choose to use the edirol fa-101interface hooked to the pc via
firewire
i was advised by people at edirol tu use cakewalk sonar soft for
recording
Did anybody use this config before ?

My problems if somebody could answer me:

1/ handling of time-code
i can have a wire or wireless connection with the camera (beta 600)
but do i have to record the time-code as an audio track like we used
to do or do i have to convert it to midi time-code and input it in the
pc (in this case is this MTC recorded syncronous with audio ?)
I read somewhere that sonar does'nt export midi, this could lead to
serious problems

2/managing audio tracks
after recording are the audio tracks exportable as separate audio
files (wav) each one with its track number and session name ?
otherwise how would you manage this when transferring to a DAW ?
Subsequent question: i want to burn a dvd each day with all the files
recorded during this workday
what format of files will be burnt on the dvd ?

Thank you to all who will try to help me

Philippe BIDAULT DES CHAUMES, Paris, france