Robert Morein

Default Sony tuner trouble

A friend of mine owns two Sony tuners, a 730ES and a 222ES.
After prolonged periods of storage, the AM stepping has changed to 12 kHz.

I have the maintenance manual on the 730ES, and there is no mention of a
method of setting the AM stepping, and there are no DIP switches in the
unit.

There aren't any switches in the 222ES either, which has a lithium battery.
The battery was dead when I originally obtained the unit, but this problem
did not result.

How to fix?

Mark D. Zacharias

I tried looking up these models using model numbers ST-730ES, ST-S730ES,
ST-S222ESD, etc. Found nothing.

Can you repost with complete model numbers?

12kHz steps seem pretty unusual - U.S. of course is 10kHz, Euro is 9 kHz,
maybe Japanese?

Mark Z.

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
A friend of mine owns two Sony tuners, a 730ES and a 222ES.
After prolonged periods of storage, the AM stepping has changed to 12 kHz.

I have the maintenance manual on the 730ES, and there is no mention of a
method of setting the AM stepping, and there are no DIP switches in the
unit.

There aren't any switches in the 222ES either, which has a lithium

battery.
The battery was dead when I originally obtained the unit, but this problem
did not result.

How to fix?

Jerry G.

In the service manual, do they indicate about how to do a full re-set on the
unit? This sounds like a software fault of some type.

--

Jerry G.
==========================

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
A friend of mine owns two Sony tuners, a 730ES and a 222ES.
After prolonged periods of storage, the AM stepping has changed to 12 kHz.

I have the maintenance manual on the 730ES, and there is no mention of a
method of setting the AM stepping, and there are no DIP switches in the
unit.

There aren't any switches in the 222ES either, which has a lithium battery.
The battery was dead when I originally obtained the unit, but this problem
did not result.

How to fix?

CJT

Robert Morein wrote:

A friend of mine owns two Sony tuners, a 730ES and a 222ES.
After prolonged periods of storage, the AM stepping has changed to 12 kHz.

I have the maintenance manual on the 730ES, and there is no mention of a
method of setting the AM stepping, and there are no DIP switches in the
unit.

There aren't any switches in the 222ES either, which has a lithium battery.
The battery was dead when I originally obtained the unit, but this problem
did not result.

How to fix?

I don't know whether this helps, but the manual for the STR-DE310 says:

"You can change the AM tuning interval to 9 KHz. After tuning in any AM
station, turn off the receiver. Hold down the TUNING+ button and press
the POWER button. All preset stations will be erased when you change
the interval. To reset the interval to 10 KHz, repeat the procedure."

Perhaps the software for your receiver will respond analogously.