Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

Default What should I do with all these blown speakers?

Hi All,

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them? Are there any speaker repair places that
you know of that might offer any credit towards new speakers if I
donate these for them to repair and resell?

Thanks.

-Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
George's Pro Sound Company George's Pro Sound Company is offline

"thepaulthomas" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them? Are there any speaker repair places that
you know of that might offer any credit towards new speakers if I
donate these for them to repair and resell?

Thanks.

-Paul

put them on fleabay
get 10$ each and double what you spend to ship them be happy they are out
of your way
it is highly unlikely that you will find anyone that NEEDS your blown
speaker, they probably already have one of their own
george

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
thepaulthomas thepaulthomas is offline

On Dec 19, 2:09*pm, "George's Pro Sound Company"
wrote:
[...]

I actually asked someone at Orange County Speaker Repair if they would
want them so they could recone them and resell them but I was told it
would be too difficult for them to resell them. I might just off them
for free on Craigslist to someone that would be willing to repair them
cheaply. It just seems wrong to send them to the landfill.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"thepaulthomas"

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them?

** Place them face down on the veranda and they make dandy pot plant stands.

You can add a bright coloured coat of spray paint to liven up the appearance
..

If possible, un-bolt the magnet assembly for easier handling .

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
[email protected] BobF@nospam.com is offline

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:05:34 -0800 (PST), thepaulthomas
wrote:

Hi All,

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them? Are there any speaker repair places that
you know of that might offer any credit towards new speakers if I
donate these for them to repair and resell?

Thanks.

-Paul

I made a nice lamp stand out of a spk once, just drill a hole in it and install
an old floor lamp pole, spray paint it silver and put it in your sound room, is
a nice conversation piece, and very hard to knock over!

Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
[email protected] Slim@SarasotaSlim.com is offline

On Dec 19, 5:05*pm, thepaulthomas
wrote:
Hi All,

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them? Are there any speaker repair places that
you know of that might offer any credit towards new speakers if I
donate these for them to repair and resell?

Thanks.

-Paul

I've been giving dead speakers to my local re-coner for years as
brownie points.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

thepaulthomas wrote:
Hi All,

I'm cleaning out some of the storage areas at a club where I work and
I have at least a half dozen blown 15" drivers. I already tossed some
of the cheaper looking stamped frame speakers but I still have 6 or
more die cast framed 15 speakers that are in otherwise decent
condition. I don't need _all_ of them re-coned as backup speakers so
what should I do with them? Are there any speaker repair places that
you know of that might offer any credit towards new speakers if I
donate these for them to repair and resell?

Thanks.

-Paul

If you supplied some brands and model numbers it would be easier to
determine. Drivers reconed by a reputable firm should be as good as
new. That's assuming they are worth anything 'as good as new'. Without
more info, it's difficult to tell.

jak