Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

Default intelliScore? anyone know about it?

This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Danny T" wrote ...
This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

So did you download the demo files?
What did YOU think?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nick Delonas[_2_] Nick Delonas[_2_] is offline

In article e59f8541-4c3f-4cde-a665-
, says...
This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

I evaluated the download and found it wanting. I think we're still a
long way off from a program that will do this well though no one would
be happier than me if proven wrong on that count.

--Nick
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Dec 18, 5:32*pm, "Richard Crowley" wrote:
"Danny T" *wrote ...

This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

So did you download the demo files?
What did YOU think?

No because I have to get some windoze software to use the program (I'm
on a mac) That is why I'm asking here first
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Dec 18, 5:53*pm, Nick Delonas wrote:
In article e59f8541-4c3f-4cde-a665-
, says...

This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

I evaluated the download and found it wanting. *I think we're still a
long way off from a program that will do this well though no one would
be happier than me if proven wrong on that count.

--Nick

I was expecting that - Oh well... I won't go out and buy the PC OS
to make it work then...

Thanks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
yrret yrret is offline

"Nick Delonas" wrote in message
In article e59f8541-4c3f-4cde-a665-
, says...
This is the program that claims it can convert mp3s and other audio
files to midi thereby giving you a written lead sheet and so on.
http://www.intelliscore.net/download.html

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

Anyway, any comments from a user of this would be very much
appreciated.

I evaluated the download and found it wanting. I think we're still a
long way off from a program that will do this well though no one would
be happier than me if proven wrong on that count.

--Nick

Is the latest Melodyne version capable of doing something along those lines,
being able to manipulate the notes with a pre-recorded chord. Seems giving
a note read out would be an easy addition.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

On Dec 18, 8:41*pm, "yrret" wrote:
[...]

The midi guitar stuff out can do that but they are using individual
strings and pickup configurations so they are really just doing 6 mono
conversions.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nick Delonas[_2_] Nick Delonas[_2_] is offline

In article , says...
Seems giving
a note read out would be an easy addition.

Really? Seems insanely difficult to me.

--Nick
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 17:43:24 -0800 (PST), Danny T
wrote:

So did you download the demo files?
What did YOU think?

No because I have to get some windoze software to use the program (I'm
on a mac) That is why I'm asking here first

Don't bother. It will come - I'm sure big military money is being
thrown at deciphering individual voices from a babble, which will spin
off into what we need. But it hasn't arrived yet.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:41:00 -0600, "yrret" wrote:

Is the latest Melodyne version capable of doing something along those lines,
being able to manipulate the notes with a pre-recorded chord. Seems giving
a note read out would be an easy addition.

Demos of the new Melodyne seem to be angled toward editing e.g.
electric piano tracks, homogeneous sounds tending toward sine waves. I
don't think it pretends to disentangle a full mix.

The current version provides notation display of monophonic lines. I'm
sure the new one will of the polyphony it CAN cope wth.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Laurence Payne wrote:

Don't bother. It will come - I'm sure big military money is being
thrown at deciphering individual voices from a babble, which will spin
off into what we need. But it hasn't arrived yet.

Probably not, but if it HAS arrived, they wouldn't tell folks like us about it.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] paul@nospam.net is offline

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:53:45 -0800 (PST), Danny T
wrote:

I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

I've tried a few programs a few years ago and they all gave me a hodge
podge of midi notes. There was the ones I played of course plus a
bunch of stuff that was caused by overtones and external stuff like a
faintly brushed string. It was just too sensitive.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

wrote:
So did you download the demo files?
What did YOU think?

No because I have to get some windoze software to use the program (I'm
on a mac) That is why I'm asking here first

Don't bother. *It will come - I'm sure big military money is being
thrown at deciphering individual voices from a babble, which will spin
off into what we need. *But it hasn't arrived yet.

Damn that's just a scary thought!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

wrote:
I would love to find out someone has this and it works. I can think of
the time I would save!

I've tried a few programs a few years ago and they all gave me a hodge
podge of midi notes. There was the ones I played of course plus a
bunch of stuff that was caused by overtones and external stuff like a
faintly brushed string. It was just too sensitive.

It's hard for me to think back to all the work I put in figuring out
how to center a title in typing class. To think that someone is
actually even thinking about this kind of thing blows my mind.

I've been reading the posts and reminiscing back to when I bought my
first synthesizer with memory, the Korg Poly 6! What a step up from my
old board.

What can I say.... I love the toys but I do sit in amazement over how
little work I get done these days as opposed to the old days when I
had no toys.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ben Bradley Ben Bradley is offline

wrote:
[...]

I'm just a hack musician, but the more I play with drum
machines/sequencers/drumming software, the more I suspect that in the
long run I'd be much better off and musically more productive by using
a real kit and taking drum lessons.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 02:31:36 -0500, Ben Bradley
wrote:

I'm just a hack musician, but the more I play with drum
machines/sequencers/drumming software, the more I suspect that in the
long run I'd be much better off and musically more productive by using
a real kit and taking drum lessons.

You're talking about recording I take it, not live playing? Unless
you JUST want to be the drummer in your band!

I'm ambivilent about this issue. I've spent most of my life
developing keyboard skills to a level that make me employable, and on
live work I'm lucky enough to be working with some very experienced
drummers. Recording at home, I think I can get better results by
trying to be a good drum programmer than by being a bad drummer.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Ben Bradley wrote:

I'm just a hack musician, but the more I play with drum
machines/sequencers/drumming software, the more I suspect that in the
long run I'd be much better off and musically more productive by using
a real kit and taking drum lessons.

Then you could be a hack drummer, too. You'd be better off musically and
more productive if you honed your arranging skills and hired a drummer
for the sessions who could interpret your vision for the song the way
you see it, expand on it, and record it quickly and accurately.

The reason why so many of today's recording musicians play all the
instruments (many of those instruments virtual since they can't afford
the real thing) is not because they're tremendously talented, it's
because they don't know where the song is going until they hear it
played. Beethoven did pretty well using just a pen and paper, and
occasionally a piano.

me he
)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Laurence Payne[_2_] Laurence Payne[_2_] is offline

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:15:30 GMT, Mike Rivers
wrote:

The reason why so many of today's recording musicians play all the
instruments (many of those instruments virtual since they can't afford
the real thing) is not because they're tremendously talented, it's
because they don't know where the song is going until they hear it
played. Beethoven did pretty well using just a pen and paper, and
occasionally a piano.

Or maybe it's rather more simple. They do it that way because they
can. A lot of less accomplished musicians also have the tools, so a
lot of crap is produced as well. But wasn't that always so? And from
manure sometimes grow roses.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Les Cargill Les Cargill is offline

wrote:
[...]

I know at least five drummers who'll do it for beer or a little
money. Unless something evolves beyond the pure songwriter demo
phase, I'll do my own drum tracks.

--
Les Cargill
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Danny T Danny T is offline

wrote:
[...]

I was in San Diego for 6 years and never found a single player that
could actually get things right in a session. They could bang a rock
tune out but they had no talent for anything but that. The Blue Grass
guys can pick but they lack feel for anything other than that.... Long
and short of it that I have been playing piano since 2, guitar since
8, drums since 10 and I picked up a lot of other things over the
years. I end up trying to do it myself because the other guys suck.

The problem is that I can't wear all the hats all the time or I burn
out. That and being on both sides of the glass is hazardous to my
marriage since I usually talk my wife into being an engineer. That
goes over like a lead Zeppelin and I usually don't get any for a week
after:-)