MINe 109

Default Argggh!

In article z,
The Devil wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:22:40 -0400, George M. Middius
wrote:

You won't believe this. Or maybe you will, but you'll be appalled. Wait...
In honor of Mexican bull testicles, I'll tell it like you're sitting on the
next stool at the bar.

A guy goes to work. He works in an office. He gets his coffee and sits down
at his desk. A co-worker starts a conversation that ventures into pop
music, and then meanders into home audio. The co-worker says he has a nice
little system with little tiny speakers and a bigger subwoofer. The first
guy, being a bit of an audio enthusiast, hears mental alarm bells at the
mention of "little tiny speakers". So he asks the co-worker what kind of
speakers he has. The other guy says they're Bose. The first guy asks if he
likes them or if he's thinking of upgrading. The co-worker, astonished,
answers, "What do you mean upgrade? Bose makes the best speakers in the
world!"

True story.

I had a guy come paint the outside of my office a couple of weeks ago.
He noted the 'weird' speakers and valves. I let him have a listen. His
eyes were all over the place for a while, then he asks me where the
other speakers are, the sound seems to be coming from everywhere. I
tell him there are just the two speakers he sees and some subs mounted
in the attic space driving the vents in the corners of the room. 'That
sound is amazing', he says, then goes on to tell me how the best
system he'd ever heard was in a shop. It was a 'Bang and Oliveson'. He
was soon back outside painting the walls again. ****.

Makes one wish for a squad of goons on call for involuntary etymotic
installation...

Maybe he's just a Dr Who fan:

http://www.time.com/time/2003/invent...vspeakers.html

Stephen
Arny Krueger

"The Devil" wrote in message
news:65vhg05g57n0matvhvo3ite84aj9hgbndf@rdmzrnewst xt.nz

I had a guy come paint the outside of my office a couple of weeks ago.
He noted the 'weird' speakers and valves. I let him have a listen. His
eyes were all over the place for a while, then he asks me where the
other speakers are, the sound seems to be coming from everywhere. I
tell him there are just the two speakers he sees and some subs mounted
in the attic space driving the vents in the corners of the room. 'That
sound is amazing', he says,

So the guy likes your stereo and says nice things about it.

then goes on to tell me how the best system he'd ever heard was in a

shop. It was a 'Bang and Oliveson'.

But, somehow he likes some other system better.

He was soon back outside painting the walls again.

Given that was what you hired him for, nothing wrong with that.

****.

Why the name-calling? Can't take a little underqualified crititicism?
What's wrong with considering the source?

dave weil

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:16:14 -0400, in rec.audio.opinion you wrote:

"The Devil" wrote in message
news:65vhg05g57n0matvhvo3ite84aj9hgbndf@rdmzrnews txt.nz

I had a guy come paint the outside of my office a couple of weeks ago.
He noted the 'weird' speakers and valves. I let him have a listen. His
eyes were all over the place for a while, then he asks me where the
other speakers are, the sound seems to be coming from everywhere. I
tell him there are just the two speakers he sees and some subs mounted
in the attic space driving the vents in the corners of the room. 'That
sound is amazing', he says,

So the guy likes your stereo and says nice things about it.

then goes on to tell me how the best system he'd ever heard was in a

shop. It was a 'Bang and Oliveson'.

But, somehow he likes some other system better.

Not exactly. Please observe the verb tense. Did td *really* have to
write "up to this point" for you to understand?

He was soon back outside painting the walls again.

Given that was what you hired him for, nothing wrong with that.

****.

Why the name-calling? Can't take a little underqualified crititicism?
What's wrong with considering the source?

Failure to understand edgy humor noted. But since you didn't
understand the meat of the tale that gets you to the punch line, I'm
hardly surprised. I *will* note that the joke would have been even
better without the tell in the first paragraph, which would make the
reveal right before the punch line even more effective.

I can't hardly wait (grammatical error just for you) for you to spend
some time spinning this post like a drunken dreidel.

Bad Penny

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"The Devil" wrote in message
news:65vhg05g57n0matvhvo3ite84aj9hgbndf@rdmzrnewst xt.nz

Why the name-calling? Can't take a little underqualified crititicism?
What's wrong with considering the source?

I just did, ****.

Bad Penny

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:16:14 -0400, in rec.audio.opinion you wrote:

a drunken dreidel.

I like that!

Joseph Oberlander

George M. Middius wrote:

[...]

Chill. I hear Prozac helps, George.

Joseph Oberlander

Arny Krueger wrote:

He was soon back outside painting the walls again.

Given that was what you hired him for, nothing wrong with that.

True. Don't expect to educate the local garbageman either.

Bruce J. Richman

George M. Middius wrote:

Joseph Oberlander said:

True story.

Chill. I hear Prozac helps, George.

Are you suggesting that if one takes Prozac, one starts to believe Bose
speakers are wonderful?

If it does, that might be an alternative explanation for why some Prozac users
later commit suicide ! (First the Boxe speaker adoration, then the auditory
hallucinations commanding them to kill themselves).

Certainly sounds more interesting than the more mundane explanation in which
severely depressed, passively suicidal folks take Prozac (or Paxil or Zoloft),
and suddenly -------- duh ! - get the energy to off themselves.

Better living through chemistry is not always true.

Bruce J. Richman

Bad Penny

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
George M. Middius wrote:

Joseph Oberlander said:

True story.

Chill. I hear Prozac helps, George.

Are you suggesting that if one takes Prozac, one starts to believe Bose
speakers are wonderful?

If it does, that might be an alternative explanation for why some Prozac

users
later commit suicide ! (First the Boxe speaker adoration, then the

auditory
hallucinations commanding them to kill themselves).

Certainly sounds more interesting than the more mundane explanation in

which
severely depressed, passively suicidal folks take Prozac (or Paxil or

Zoloft),
and suddenly -------- duh ! - get the energy to off themselves.

Better living through chemistry is not always true.

Bruce J. Richman

I saw a refrigerator magnet that said:
"Prozac, sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"