Steve

Default Denon 1804 vs/ HK 225 with Klipsch KSBs

I purchased the 1804 about 6 months ago and paired it with a set of Sapphire
speakers and a Definitive Sub....yummy. I have a wide variety of listening
requirements as well as movie compatibility. I chose the denon after many
suggestions from this very newsgroup and also the video component capability
as well. On screen programming and one touch sound adjustments had nothing
at ll to do with my decision ;-) The quality through the sapphires is
amazing, i was blown away at the rich subtleness this combination has
produced. I would try to audition the Denon if it is at all a possibiliy,
you will not be dissappointed.

"zsteir" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I have a surround speaker system consisting of 4 Klipsch KSB 2.1
(Fronts and Surround) and a KSC-C1 center. I'm considering getting
either a Harmon Kardon AVR-225 or a Denon AVR-1804. Does anyone have
thoughts on this?

Any advice is much appreciated. I've used the HK AVR-20II for many
years with a single pair of KSB 2.1, and liked the sound, but now its
time to try a larger set-up. I will use the system in a medium sized
room, so my primary concern is quality of sound... Any insight?

Many many thanks.
zstier