Posted to rec.audio.tubes
hydebee hydebee is offline

Default fa various,amp,receivers etc

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaud...rthingsQQhtZ-1

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
David[_4_] David[_4_] is offline

Hello,

I actually have one of these little amps and they have a certain
charm. They have few components and I guess their simplicity lends a
coherence in the sound. They require efficient speakers as the output
is low. I have the schematics and would like to hear other opinions/
comments on their design. I found photo's of the console style it came
out of and this was confirmed by my friend. 1961

A friend gave me one. He tore it out of a family Manavox console, used
and abused it as a guitar amp, left it outside in the elements for a
while before gifting it to me... I thought it would be interesting to
give it a try. I was pleasantly suprised at the sound. It was very
good for small ensemble and vocal reproduction. I didn't hook it up to
very efficient speakers, but I have a pair of Goodmans Axioms I might
try them with. In my research, somebody put a tarted up version on
e-bay and it brought something like 250.00 USD!!!! I don't think it
sounds that good...

Let's see what it goes for.

David

On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 08:24:31 -0400, "hydebee"
wrote:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaud...rthingsQQhtZ-1

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
David[_4_] David[_4_] is offline

Sorry, I posted the previous post to the wrong thread......

wrote:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaud...rthingsQQhtZ-1

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
bassett[_2_] bassett[_2_] is offline

"hydebee" wrote in message
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaud...rthingsQQhtZ-1

Where do you get all this rubbish, No doubt off curbside council
clean-up's.