skibum

Default DVD players that play mp3, any out there?

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a DVD head unit that will play mp3's
off of the dvd. In browsing through units, I notice that many DVD
players will play mp3 if they are on a cd, but I have not seen any
that would advertise that they will play mp3's off a dvd.

Mark
Budgetaudio

Here is a portable one - Sony MPD-AP20U, but it has to be hooked to a computer
(I believe) to do it. I guess it specifically has to say it plays MP3 recorded
DVDs. There may not be many stand alone DVD players that can do this yet?

Troy
carbudgetaudio.com
thelizman

skibum wrote:
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a DVD head unit that will play mp3's
off of the dvd. In browsing through units, I notice that many DVD
players will play mp3 if they are on a cd, but I have not seen any
that would advertise that they will play mp3's off a dvd.

If money is not an issue:
http://www.teamrocs.com/news/modules... der=0&thold=0

There are others out there as well. Check at Crotchfeeled
(www.crutchfield.com).

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
skibum

Check them out and it appears that none of them do. What seems to be
the problem is that most auto DVD player do not play DVD-R or DVD-RW.
Thus most of them can only play commercially produced DVD's

Mark

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:59:23 -0500, thelizman
wrote:

skibum wrote:
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a DVD head unit that will play mp3's
off of the dvd. In browsing through units, I notice that many DVD
players will play mp3 if they are on a cd, but I have not seen any
that would advertise that they will play mp3's off a dvd.

If money is not an issue:
http://www.teamrocs.com/news/modules... der=0&thold=0

There are others out there as well. Check at Crotchfeeled
(www.crutchfield.com).

CD changers: shuffle play Mark Shaw General 0 June 1st 04 03:52 AM
New Yahoo Group for Memorex MP3 Players James Jones General 0 January 7th 04 06:17 PM
why cds won't play in car RB General 11 December 3rd 03 11:15 AM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 1 July 17th 03 05:00 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 01:34 AM