Posted to rec.audio.car
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default What rattles in '94 Caravavn tailgate from speaker Bass.

Bob F wrote:
I just replaces the tailgate 6x9's, with Infinity's with stronger
bass. The door rattles madly with high volume bass. Does anyone have
specifics ideas of what rattles and how to fix it?

It turned out to be mostly the plastic inside cover rattleing against the metal.
I cut a couple blocks of ethefoam maybe 1.5" x 2" x 4" to go between the panel
and the sheet metal underneath just toward the center from the speakers,
inserted them and tightened down the screws and most of the noise went away. Not
perfect, but way better.