Squares

Default Logic Audio: How do I keep audio (wav) files separate for separate projects?

If you want to get rid of unused tracks, you can go in to the Audio
Window and delete them. Then just go to your hard drive and trash
them. You have to make sure and get rid of them out of the audio
window of that project though or Logic will ask you where the files
are every time you open that project.

I think the best way to keep things organized is to make a separate
folder for each project, as you said you have done. Then each time
you want to lay down a new track you hit "A" on the audio object and
you can tell it exactly which folder you want it to go to and what you
want the file to be called. Otherwise yes it is just going to keep
saving them to the same location every time until you tell it
different.

As far as dealing with your files that are too large. If I am
understanding you correctly, you would need to trim those files down
in the Sample Editor and trim it down to loop exactly how you want and
then delete the rest of the file. That can all be done pretty easily
in the sample editor.

Not sure if I helped or not...

On 14 May 2003 00:54:01 -0700, (Joe Emenaker) wrote:

Okay... Logic Audio Pro 6 newbie here....

I've got a bunch of projects recorded and I've filled up my hard disk
with the wav files.

Now, some projects have tracks that I don't need at all. However, when
I delete them, Logic doesn't seem to delete the original wav file.
Sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. What determines this? Is
there a way to tell Logic to delete a project file and all of the
wav's it uses? If not, is there a way to tell Logic to *move* all of a
project's wavs somewhere (ie, some temporary folder where I can delete
them myself?).

Also, I've got some other projects where I recorded a bunch of tracks
and then trimmed out a lot of junk from various tracks. Logic keeps
the original wav file, even though I'm only using small portions of
it. Is there a way to "repack" the project so that it will make new,
smaller, wavs of the portions I'm using and then discard the huge
original?

What's the best way to keep all of these wav files separate from each
other on a per-project basis? My problem is that I record about 16
tracks at a time on each project. If I create a new folder and and
create a new project in that folder, then Logic is going to ask me for
filenames for the wav's for each track when I arm it the first time.
To get around this (okay... I admit it... I'm lazy), I just have one
project (call it "blank project") with all of the wavs named (like
"Track 1", etc.). Then, when I want to start a new project, I load
the "blank project" and then immediately save it to the new project
name. Now... if I save the project to a subfolder, isn't it going to
keep writing the audio files to the old location? Or is it going to
save them relative to where the project file is?

logic audio 5.5 sagan General 0 January 8th 04 07:22 AM
Extracting audio metadata Gaz General 2 October 27th 03 04:28 PM
How to save streaming real audio sound files Drebbel General 2 August 31st 03 04:00 AM
Real Audio Stream to Files !! Bhaskar General 0 August 22nd 03 02:49 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM