Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Paul Paul is offline

Default FA??? Not Interested.

This group is overrun with FA links to eBay auctions.
Does anybody actually look at the FA posts?
If it's something I'm looking for, and it's on eBay, I already know
about it.
I don't want them shoved in my face here.
I come here looking for FS items which are not on eBay.
Does anyone else think the group should be limited to FS/WTB, and
should ban FA posts?

Paul

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Agent_C Agent_C is offline

On 11 Aug 2006 10:32:01 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

This group is overrun with FA links to eBay auctions.

Yes, that's because the overwhelming majority of used audio sales are
online auctions or fixed price listings through eBay and Audiogon.
Classified ad's are quickly becoming a thing of the past.

Does anybody actually look at the FA posts?

That's pretty much *all* I come to this group for. It serves as a
starting point for what's being offered in the used marketplace.

If it's something I'm looking for, and it's on eBay, I already know
about it. I don't want them shoved in my face here.

Tough. This is a 'marketplace' newsgroup; ads for eBay auctions are
perfectly acceptable. Get over it.

I come here looking for FS items which are not on eBay.

....And nobody's stopping you. If you don't want to see the FA
postings, use kill filters.

Does anyone else think the group should be limited to FS/WTB, and
should ban FA posts?

Irrelevant. This is not a moderated group; no such ban is possible.

A_C

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,aus.hi-fi
Robert Morein Robert Morein is offline

"Paul" wrote:

I come here looking for FS items which are not on eBay.
Does anyone else think the group should be limited to FS/WTB, and
should ban FA posts?

I agree. I'll begin to work on the problem immediately.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, Pennsylvania

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,aus.invest
soundhaspriority soundhaspriority is offline

Default forgery by Brian L. McCarty

"Robert Morein" wrote in message
.. .

"Paul" wrote:

I come here looking for FS items which are not on eBay.
Does anyone else think the group should be limited to FS/WTB, and
should ban FA posts?

I agree. I'll begin to work on the problem immediately.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Robert Morein
Shop 'N Bag, Pennsylvania

The above is a forgery by Brian L. McCarty. "Ripoff alerts", posted along
with false bluebook pricing, are made under various pseudonyms by McCarty,
a pest on rec.audio.marketplace, where he accuses innocent sellers of
various misdeeds. He appears to be a pathological liar, with unknown
motivations.

For a long time, McCarty posted as "OFFICAL RAM BLUEBOOK", but more
recently, he has used a variety of other pseudonyms. Ironically, he runs
websites which have the look and feel of investment fraud.

McCarty is the owner of websites
http://www.coralseastudios.com, and
http://www.worldjazz.com, both of which have used fraudulent advertising
inattempts to attract investors. Both have been unsuccessful.

McCarty is an American expatriate, originally from the Chicago area, then LA
where he worked as a sound mixer, currently living in Cairns Australia,
where he manages the Baskin-Robbins ice cream franchise located at
Shop G6, 59 The Esplanade
Cairns QLD 4870

McCarty lives in the Coral Sands apartment complex at 65 Vasey Esplanade,
Trinity beach, a bit north of metropolitan Cairns.

Baskin-Robbins Australia may be contacted at
.