National Edgar Allan Poe Theatre On The Air - NPR

Old January 30th 20, 03:08 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_]

Default National Edgar Allan Poe Theatre On The Air - NPR

I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX, Foley and Music since the middle of last year.

I'm very happy to report that in addition to WYPR airing the shows, they have been on their web site for streaming and downloading since last July. After three months, WYPR told us that we had had 6000 downloads!

Last month, WYPR forwarded us to NPR and we are now on the NPR web site for streaming and download.

https://www.npr.org/podcasts/7490708...tre-on-the-air

Each show takes about 12-14 hours from dialog record to mastering. I grew up listening to radio drama, comedy and westerns. It's been quite fun to create these shows. If you get a chance to listen, I hope you enjoy them.
Old January 30th 20, 04:22 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]

On 1/30/2020 9:08 AM, Ty Ford wrote:
> I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX, Foley and Music since the middle of last year.

Yay!

Old January 30th 20, 06:16 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

Ty Ford > wrote:
>I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX, Foley and Music since the middle of last year.

I saw your writeup in Radio World! Congrats!

Old January 30th 20, 10:30 PM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 31/01/2020 3:08 am, Ty Ford wrote:
> I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX, Foley and Music since the middle of last year.
>
> I'm very happy to report that in addition to WYPR airing the shows, they have been on their web site for streaming and downloading since last July. After three months, WYPR told us that we had had 6000 downloads!
>
> Last month, WYPR forwarded us to NPR and we are now on the NPR web site for streaming and download.
>
> https://www.npr.org/podcasts/7490708...tre-on-the-air
>
> Each show takes about 12-14 hours from dialog record to mastering. I grew up listening to radio drama, comedy and westerns. It's been quite fun to create these shows. If you get a chance to listen, I hope you enjoy them.

Must be semi-telepathic. This week I have listening to APP - Tales Of
Mystery And Imagination , comparing CD and SACD versions. They were
slightly different, but couldn't call one better than the other.

Reading liner notes I was surprised to see that EA Poe married a
13-year-old !

Old January 31st 20, 02:26 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone[_3_]

geoff > wrote:
> On 31/01/2020 3:08 am, Ty Ford wrote:
>> I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX,
>> Foley and Music since the middle of last year.
>>
>> I'm very happy to report that in addition to WYPR airing the shows, they
>> have been on their web site for streaming and downloading since last
>> July. After three months, WYPR told us that we had had 6000 downloads!
>>
>> Last month, WYPR forwarded us to NPR and we are now on the NPR web site
>> for streaming and download.
>>
>> https://www.npr.org/podcasts/7490708...tre-on-the-air
>>
>> Each show takes about 12-14 hours from dialog record to mastering. I
>> grew up listening to radio drama, comedy and westerns. It's been quite
>> fun to create these shows. If you get a chance to listen, I hope you enjoy them.
>>

> Must be semi-telepathic. This week I have listening to APP - Tales Of
> Mystery And Imagination , comparing CD and SACD versions. They were
> slightly different, but couldn't call one better than the other.
>
> Reading liner notes I was surprised to see that EA Poe married a
> 13-year-old !
>
> geoff

You’ll be in for a hell of a surprise if you compare the CD and original
vinyl copies of Takes of Mystery and Imagination. Added guitar solos,
different instrumentation, etc. The first time I heard the CD I thought
“What the hell is this?”

Old February 1st 20, 01:11 AM posted to rec.audio.pro

On 31/01/2020 2:26 pm, Ralph Barone wrote:
> geoff > wrote:
>> On 31/01/2020 3:08 am, Ty Ford wrote:
>>> I've been producing a series of Edgar Allan Poe radio dramas with SFX,
>>> Foley and Music since the middle of last year.
>>>
>>> I'm very happy to report that in addition to WYPR airing the shows, they
>>> have been on their web site for streaming and downloading since last
>>> July. After three months, WYPR told us that we had had 6000 downloads!
>>>
>>> Last month, WYPR forwarded us to NPR and we are now on the NPR web site
>>> for streaming and download.
>>>
>>> https://www.npr.org/podcasts/7490708...tre-on-the-air
>>>
>>> Each show takes about 12-14 hours from dialog record to mastering. I
>>> grew up listening to radio drama, comedy and westerns. It's been quite
>>> fun to create these shows. If you get a chance to listen, I hope you enjoy them.
>>>

>> Must be semi-telepathic. This week I have listening to APP - Tales Of
>> Mystery And Imagination , comparing CD and SACD versions. They were
>> slightly different, but couldn't call one better than the other.
>>
>> Reading liner notes I was surprised to see that EA Poe married a
>> 13-year-old !
>>
>> geoff
>>

> You’ll be in for a hell of a surprise if you compare the CD and original
> vinyl copies of Takes of Mystery and Imagination. Added guitar solos,
> different instrumentation, etc. The first time I heard the CD I thought
> “What the hell is this?”

Got it somewhere - I must dig it out !