Posted to rec.audio.tech
Solar Bus Driver Solar Bus Driver is offline

Default "What you hear" disappeared from Recording Options

Please help!?!

I had to un-install my sound card and after I did that I noticed my "what
you hear" option in the Recording settings of the volume control
disappeared.

How can I get that back? Shouldn't I be able to use it with my onboard
audio chip (RealTek) after I removed my soundcard?

Thanks
Gary in Vermont

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Solar Bus Driver" wrote in
message
Please help!?!

I had to un-install my sound card and after I did that I
noticed my "what you hear" option in the Recording
settings of the volume control disappeared.

Go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Entertainment, Volume Control,
Options, Properties. You might find that a check box became unchecked.

How can I get that back? Shouldn't I be able to use it
with my onboard audio chip (RealTek) after I removed my
soundcard?

If your onbaord audio chip doesn't have all of the features of your sound
card, then there will be no controls for those features.

On some audio interfaces, "what you hear" may have other names like "stereo
mixer".

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:33:50 -0500, "Solar Bus Driver"
wrote:

I had to un-install my sound card and after I did that I noticed my "what
you hear" option in the Recording settings of the volume control
disappeared.

How can I get that back? Shouldn't I be able to use it with my onboard
audio chip (RealTek) after I removed my soundcard?

The volume control applet is a window on to what facilities are
offered by your sound card and its drivers. Your old card (sounds
like a Soundblaster or Audigy) had a "what you ear" facility. Your
onboard sound doesn't. Or, it may, but call it something different.
Is there an option "mix"? What options ARE there for Record Input?
(Note inputs are probably on a different page to outputs. Look in
Options/Properties.