Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Default Mister.Lull

Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope everything is alright. Damn imports.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Thank you for your condolences... My loss is great - that was the
first car I've ever owned that I really liked. Life goes on, and
another car will soon come.
~Mister.Lull
Captain Howdy wrote:
Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope everything is alright. Damn imports.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Deez Nutz Deez Nutz is offline

Captain Howdy wrote:
Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope everything is alright. Damn imports.

It looks to me like you guys arent married, becouse if you was your
wives would have already shown ya how bad they can wreck a
car......LOL.....Thats a lil finder bender, my wife leaves bigger dents
in my wallet......

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

I have personally repaired a few cars that looked far worse then that. It
looks like fender and bumper cover damage mostly, maybe an inner fender and a
rebar. My car was far worse then that, I had a rad support and a bent frame to
deal with and an old red paint job to blend in. Black is the easiest color to
match and even more so on your base clear paint job.

Captain Howdy wrote:
Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope everything is alright. Damn

imports.

It looks to me like you guys arent married, becouse if you was your
wives would have already shown ya how bad they can wreck a
car......LOL.....Thats a lil finder bender, my wife leaves bigger dents
in my wallet......

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

ps.com...
Captain Howdy wrote:
Sorry to hear about your wipeout. Hope everything is alright. Damn
imports.

There are TONS of VW groups out there, you can get a fender for cheap, and
the bunper cover from a person that put on an aftermarket bumper probably
for shipping cost. You are down to rebar, plastic fender stuff and paint at
that point. Pending there is no frame damage.

Put her back on the road! I put my first car back out 3 times! Til fire
took it off for good and the fire-fighter bought it from my insurance for
parts for his drag car! My first car still lives! Sort of

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull Mister.Lull is offline

Thanks again everyone.
I would've LOVED to have kept her the car... However, I was still
paying her off, so the insurance company couldn't even give me the
option to keep her. They had a towtruck come and take her away in
Monday. And they're sending a check to the bank to pay off the
remainder of the loan shortly.

As for the dent - yeah, it wasn't so bad. What I couldn't get very
well in the pictures was the way the rest of the other car's bumper had
slammed into the wheel itself. So there was axle, tie-rod, and other
such damage. That coupled with the body damage itself was probably
estimated right around $4,000 or $5,000 - which is all that model is
worth. So I spent Sunday pulling the stereo and saying goodbye, and
Penelope wasn't there when I got home from work...

~Mister.Sad.Lull
Matt Ion wrote:
Mister.Lull wrote:
Here's the link, for anyone who doesn't know what the good Captain is
talking about:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2367650/2
~Mister.Lull
Mister.Lull wrote:

"...steel not only beats the crap out of fiberglass, but then has it's way with
fiberglass's little sister." Bwahahaah

Just that little fender crumple, and they wrote it off?? Sheeeee-it. That's
brutal. Have a drink on me, to Penelope's memory... (just don't drive afterward!)

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Yeah now that makes a world of difference and even more so in a front wheel
drive car with damage like that. The real sick thing is that the insurance
company is going to auction the car off for next to nothing. Body shops love
deals like this, since insurance companies brand cars that been written off
people tend to steer clear of them. The reason body shops love cars like this
is that most body shops are also licensed to inspect and clear cars that have
been branded salvageable after they are repaired and that's only if your state
brands cars that have been written off. The thing that really blows by the
sounds of it is that you have lost any money that you have put into it, along
with any payments that you already made on the loan.

Mister.Lull wrote:

"...steel not only beats the crap out of fiberglass, but then has it's way

with
fiberglass's little sister." Bwahahaah

Just that little fender crumple, and they wrote it off?? Sheeeee-it. That's
brutal. Have a drink on me, to Penelope's memory... (just don't drive

afterward!)

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls Chad Wahls is offline

Dear god! Isn't that how it goes! Congrats on the marriage, sorry
about Penelope, the right thing will come around soon.

Chad

Mister.Lull wrote:
Losses for me aren't that bad... I couldn't replace the coaxial
speakers in the car, and therefore had to leave them in the vehicle
when they towed it away (I went to Schuck's and bought the cheapest CD
player there, in order to keep my own deck). I get about $100 as the
leftover money from the payoff to the bank. Lastly, I get my
deductable ($500) back if/when they find the other driver at fault.
The part that blows the most is that I won't have time to get a new car
until the end of August!! I just started a new job, so I can't just
randomly ask for some time off, and I'm getting married on August 13th,
so all my free time is already being used up getting ready for that!
The actual part about getting a new car shouldn't be that difficult,
but the stress and time constraints will be the end of me...
~Mister.Lull

Mister.Lull wrote:

"...steel not only beats the crap out of fiberglass, but then has it's way
with
fiberglass's little sister." Bwahahaah

Just that little fender crumple, and they wrote it off?? Sheeeee-it. That's
brutal. Have a drink on me, to Penelope's memory... (just don't drive
afterward!)

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Awesome, congratulations on the on the wedding and may you enjoy your new mini
van. LOL. Best of luck with all that is to come.

Mister.Lull wrote:
Losses for me aren't that bad... I couldn't replace the coaxial
speakers in the car, and therefore had to leave them in the vehicle
when they towed it away (I went to Schuck's and bought the cheapest CD
player there, in order to keep my own deck). I get about $100 as the
leftover money from the payoff to the bank. Lastly, I get my
deductable ($500) back if/when they find the other driver at fault.
The part that blows the most is that I won't have time to get a new car
until the end of August!! I just started a new job, so I can't just
randomly ask for some time off, and I'm getting married on August 13th,
so all my free time is already being used up getting ready for that!
The actual part about getting a new car shouldn't be that difficult,
but the stress and time constraints will be the end of me...
~Mister.Lull

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Mister.Lull wrote:

Losses for me aren't that bad... I couldn't replace the coaxial
speakers in the car, and therefore had to leave them in the vehicle
when they towed it away (I went to Schuck's and bought the cheapest CD
player there, in order to keep my own deck). I get about $100 as the
leftover money from the payoff to the bank. Lastly, I get my
deductable ($500) back if/when they find the other driver at fault.
The part that blows the most is that I won't have time to get a new car
until the end of August!! I just started a new job, so I can't just
randomly ask for some time off, and I'm getting married on August 13th,
so all my free time is already being used up getting ready for that!
The actual part about getting a new car shouldn't be that difficult,
but the stress and time constraints will be the end of me...
~Mister.Lull

Heheheh... writing off you car will be the least of your problems now! Welcome
to the ball-and-chain club, sucke.... er.... I mean BROTHER