Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Replacement Bands for AT8410a

Here we go again. Two of my AT8410a shock mounts are the old style. AT no longer
offers replacement bands for them.

AT8410a Shock Mount on AT website: http://goo.gl/F2AH4

To add to the confusion, there are two models of the "a" mount. One version uses
the single band, the older style like I have uses two or four bands. A person on
a form recommended an industrial source for replacement bands:

McMaster-Carr O-Rings: http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=fl6gtx

Since I know NOTHING about rubber o-rings, I don't have a clue where to start.
What rubber material is used in the typical shock mount? The new AT mounts use
chloroprene, whatever that is. McMaster-Carr doesn't list chloroprene. What
rubber is similar to it in composition and performance?

Another person in a forum suggested hair bands. I found the exact ones he
recommended, but they're crap. The mic droops because the bands are not tight
enough.

Gearslutz: http://goo.gl/EeN3s

Apparently Ty has the same old units as he posted about them in another forum.
He posted Jim Walker's response that the old units are not repairable, but I
didn't see what he opted for as a final solution.

Ty post at audio-forums: http://goo.gl/o60VK

By the time I buy a large enough variety of o-rings that may or may not work, I
could probably buy new mounts, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone has
made any progress with this problem since the last discussion.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/30/2011 10:27 AM, mcp6453 wrote:
Here we go again. Two of my AT8410a shock mounts are the old style. AT no longer
offers replacement bands for them.

Never mind. I pitched it.

Replacement Bands for AT8410a mcp6453[_2_] Pro Audio 3 July 20th 11 02:10 AM
Shock Mount replacement bands AT8441 for AT4033a darrelldklein Pro Audio 23 December 28th 06 02:07 PM
Basement bands... RB Pro Audio 3 December 10th 03 03:17 AM
AT84 Shockmount? Same as AT8410A?? Brian Huether Pro Audio 3 November 25th 03 04:47 AM