Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Mix Subscription

A buddy who has a home studio and who buys a lot of equipment wants a
subscription to Mix. How does he go about getting a free subscription like we
all have? All of the subscription forms we can find are for-pay.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

mcp6453 wrote:

A buddy who has a home studio and who buys a lot of equipment wants a
subscription to Mix. How does he go about getting a free subscription like we
all have? All of the subscription forms we can find are for-pay.

Heh. It took me several years to get them to stop sending that rag.

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 12/21/2011 9:55 PM, mcp6453 wrote:
A buddy who has a home studio and who buys a lot of equipment wants a
subscription to Mix. How does he go about getting a free subscription like we
all have? All of the subscription forms we can find are for-pay.

They'll send an "on line" subscription to anyone (just like
they used to send a paper subscription to anyone). This
means that once a month you'll get an e-mail message sending
you to http://mixonline.com/ where you can read the magazine
on your computer if you have the patience. Or keep coming
back there for short does all month (which counts as
"clicks" to their advertisers and pays for the magazine).

I used to read Mix when I got it on paper. Now I don't read
it at all, and frankly, I miss it. But even after getting a
phone call from someone asking if I wanted to renew my
subscription and getting a promise that they'd change me
from on-line to paper, I still don't get paper.

It's a shame, but I guess it's the only way they can stay in
business, even after laying off George Peterson.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

I remember when I was a kid (not too long ago!) and was first getting interested in audio, I used to love to go to the book megastore and get Mix magazine. it was a hefty magazine with a lot of content and plenty of pages. I haven't read it in years, and I saw one recently and could not believe what it looked like. It was less than 100 pages! and mostly ads for cheap crap instead of much real content. oh well....
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/22/2011 8:15 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
[...]

I still get it in print. Digital doesn't work so well for me. Someone said the
problem is trying to read to much with a back lit screen. I'm not sure what the
issue is, but I'm not going to try to read a digital version of a magazine.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

mcp6453 wrote:
A buddy who has a home studio and who buys a lot of equipment wants a
subscription to Mix. How does he go about getting a free subscription like we
all have? All of the subscription forms we can find are for-pay.

Send him to the AES show, or NAMM or such! People will accost you in the
halls trying to give you free subscriptions to magazines.

I'll say, though, that while Mix used to be a great magazine twenty years
ago, I am not sure that it's worth getting for free now. Other than Eddie
Ciletti's column and "Classic Tracks" there isn't much there any more.

Recording is worth paying for, I think, but I am biased. Tape Op would be
worth paying for if it weren't free, which it is. Resolution and Studio
Sound beat them all out, but both are pretty expensive.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/23/2011 12:06 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
mcp6453 wrote:
A buddy who has a home studio and who buys a lot of equipment wants a
subscription to Mix. How does he go about getting a free subscription like we
all have? All of the subscription forms we can find are for-pay.

Send him to the AES show, or NAMM or such! People will accost you in the
halls trying to give you free subscriptions to magazines.

I'll say, though, that while Mix used to be a great magazine twenty years
ago, I am not sure that it's worth getting for free now. Other than Eddie
Ciletti's column and "Classic Tracks" there isn't much there any more.

Recording is worth paying for, I think, but I am biased. Tape Op would be
worth paying for if it weren't free, which it is. Resolution and Studio
Sound beat them all out, but both are pretty expensive.
--scott

Strangely enough, I read Mix for the ads as well as for the two columns you
mention. Eddie's columns haven't been that mesmerizing lately, but I guess all
writers have good and bad days.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
mcp6453 wrote:

Recording is worth paying for, I think, but I am biased.

+1.

Just sent in my renewal last Monday

Poly

Free Subscription to FRONT of HOUSE [email protected] Pro Audio 0 January 8th 07 04:53 PM
Free Subscription to FRONTof HOUSE [email protected] Pro Audio 0 January 8th 07 04:51 PM
subscription samsaralord Pro Audio 12 May 29th 04 04:12 AM
subscription samsaralord Pro Audio 0 May 27th 04 08:02 PM
subscription samsaralord Pro Audio 0 May 27th 04 08:02 PM