Trevor Wilson

"TonyP" wrote in message
u...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
**"Good sounding mixers" is an oxymoron.

So just where did you get the records from to play on your HiFi, that had
never been through a mixer?

**That would be a non-sequiteur.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Arny Krueger

Trevor Wilson wrote:
"TonyP" wrote in message
u...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

**"Good sounding mixers" is an oxymoron.

So just where did you get the records from to play on your HiFi,
that had never been through a mixer?

**That would be a non-sequiteur.

If they've all been through a mixer, then according to you Trevor, none of
them sound any good.

Sounds like a major problem!

GMAN

In article , "Trevor Wilson" wrote:

"Laurence Payne" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 1 May 2004 13:56:31 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Audition has 1, 1/2, and 1/3 octave graphic eqs, as well as a wide range

of
other kinds of eq.

So it does. I always seem to forget about CoolEdit/Audition. For
some reason it seems to be better established among sound engineers
than among musicians.

Is it a good eq? My gut reaction is to get worried when I see more
than a handful of eq bands - nasty phase things start happening. But
maybe it's different with software?

**You're thinking in analogue terms. ALL analogue eqs are a complete waste
of time. Always have been. Digital eq is fine. Digital eqs do not exhibit
phase shift problems.

Just digital artifacts

Arny Krueger

GMAN wrote:

wrote:

Audition has 1, 1/2, and 1/3 octave graphic eqs, as well as a wide
range

of
other kinds of eq.

So it does. I always seem to forget about CoolEdit/Audition. For
some reason it seems to be better established among sound engineers
than among musicians.

Is it a good eq? My gut reaction is to get worried when I see more
than a handful of eq bands - nasty phase things start happening.
But maybe it's different with software?

**You're thinking in analogue terms. ALL analogue eqs are a complete
waste of time. Always have been. Digital eq is fine. Digital eqs do
not exhibit phase shift problems.

Just digital artifacts

Name those digital artifacts, if you can.

Laurence Payne

On Mon, 10 May 2004 08:43:28 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Just digital artifacts

Name those digital artifacts, if you can.

er....George? :-)

Now, you name those phase shifts.

TonyP

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Trevor Wilson wrote:
"TonyP" wrote in message
u...
"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
**"Good sounding mixers" is an oxymoron.
So just where did you get the records from to play on your HiFi,
that had never been through a mixer?

**That would be a non-sequiteur.

If they've all been through a mixer, then according to you Trevor, none of
them sound any good.

Some might agree with that, but NOT because of the mixing *hardware* :-)

Sounds like a major problem!

Fortunately only to TW.

TonyP.

Arny Krueger

Trevor Wilson wrote:
"TonyP" wrote in message
u...
"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
**"Good sounding mixers" is an oxymoron.
So just where did you get the records from to play on your HiFi,
that had never been through a mixer?
**That would be a non-sequiteur.

If they've all been through a mixer, then according to you Trevor,
none of them sound any good.

Some might agree with that, but NOT because of the mixing *hardware*
:-)

Agreed. There are good mixers, even analog mixers.

Sounds like a major problem!

Fortunately only to TW.

It hasn't been good for him around here the last week or so.