Posted to rec.audio.pro
MarcoM MarcoM is offline

Default Zoom H4 digital recorder?

Someone can help me with experiences with this recorder? especially
about the microphones quality?
Marco

--
[cut off the capital B to reply]
Posted to rec.audio.pro
zigo.zago zigo.zago is offline

I microfoni suoi non sono spettacolari, ma neppure indecenti.
Hai sempre la possibilitą di usare due microfoni esterni, visto che l'H4 č
dotato di due ingressi con phantom.
Dipende molto dall'uso che ne devi fare...

Se vuoi altre info, scrivimi in privato (togli tutti gli spazi):

t i o r b a @ g m a i l . c o m

ZZ

"MarcoM" ha scritto nel messaggio
Someone can help me with experiences with this recorder? especially about
the microphones quality?
Marco

--
[cut off the capital B to reply]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Dave Morrison Dave Morrison is offline

"zigo.zago" wrote in message
.. .
I microfoni suoi non sono spettacolari, ma neppure indecenti.
Hai sempre la possibilitą di usare due microfoni esterni, visto che l'H4 č
dotato di due ingressi con phantom.
Dipende molto dall'uso che ne devi fare...

Se vuoi altre info, scrivimi in privato (togli tutti gli spazi):

t i o r b a @ g m a i l . c o m

ZZ

Yeah, what he said.....ditto. ;-)

dave

"MarcoM" ha scritto nel messaggio
Someone can help me with experiences with this recorder? especially about
the microphones quality?
Marco

--
[cut off the capital B to reply]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Dave Morrison wrote:
"zigo.zago" wrote in message
.. .
I microfoni suoi non sono spettacolari, ma neppure indecenti.
Hai sempre la possibilitą di usare due microfoni esterni, visto che l'H4 č
dotato di due ingressi con phantom.
Dipende molto dall'uso che ne devi fare...

Yeah, what he said.....ditto. ;-)

He was saying that he was ugly, and his mother
dresses him funny.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Thomas Jespersen Thomas Jespersen is offline

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:29:28 GMT, MarcoM wrote:

Someone can help me with experiences with this recorder? especially
about the microphones quality?
Marco

Can't speak for it myself but take a look at taperssection.com (use the
search function). They have discussed it several times.

Another option in same pricerange is edirol r-09.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
MarcoM MarcoM is offline

Thomas Jespersen, 08/03/2007 19.08:

Another option in same pricerange is edirol r-09.

It seems that R-09 can record some click during recording levels setting...
Marco

--
[cut off the capital B to reply]
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve Steve is offline

In article ,
MarcoM wrote:

Thomas Jespersen, 08/03/2007 19.08:

Another option in same pricerange is edirol r-09.

It seems that R-09 can record some click during recording levels setting...
Marco

Cite your sources, because I have an Edirol R-09 and don't have any
problems. It's smaller than the H4, easier to use, and the build
quality (made in Japan by Roland) is superior.

Roland/Edirol vs Samson/Zoom. Quality vs cheap.

The R-09 is easier to use because you hit the dedicated record button
twice to record. Once to put it in record mode where you set levels,
and the 2nd time to record.

The H4 has sloppy feeling buttons that have multiple uses, where if you
want to have it record, you have to make sure that pushed button is in
record mode.

There were lots of threads where the H4 had the clicking problem.
I'm in all the recording forums, where people post about both of these
units, and it's clear the R-09 is preferred. The only people who say
the H4 is better, are the people who are defending their $100 savings in
purchasing the H4 over the R-09. If they were the same price, I doubt
anyone would buy the H4 over the R-09. If the $100 price difference is
important, the H4 is better than anything else at it's price.

I'd still buy it over a minidisc.

Again, tell me where you read the Edirol R-09 had a clicking problem?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Baabin Baabin is offline

Steve,

I think perhaps you should get your act together here and take a look at the
comparisons on the Swee****er Sound website. I can from that show you where
there are several areas the R9 is not up to the Zoom H4 level, and that is
from a company that sells most of the competitors as well. Wake up and smell
the roses, and quit rationalizing.

Bruce Smith

"Steve" wrote in message
MarcoM wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve Steve is offline

In article ,
"Baabin" wrote:

Steve,

I think perhaps you should get your act together here and take a look at the
comparisons on the Swee****er Sound website. I can from that show you where
there are several areas the R9 is not up to the Zoom H4 level, and that is
from a company that sells most of the competitors as well. Wake up and smell
the roses, and quit rationalizing.

Bruce Smith

You looked at a retail site where they probably make more money selling
Zoom than Edirol. Why don't you do some research where people don't
benefit from a sale, and tell their real world experiences, like a
recording forum?

I suppose if you go to the Zoom site, they'll also tell you why you
should buy their recorder over the competitors.

Taperssection.com would be a good start.

I happen to have my act together. I did a ton of research. I also
listened to each one, and held each one in my hand. I'll admit that
most of what I know about the H4's faults is from Taperssection.com
forums where people are really into recording, everything from blank
media to hardware, and I do own a R-09 and use it all the time.

Since you seem to be commenting on my lack of knowledge of these
recorders, and sticking up for what you feel is the superior H4 - Do you
actually own one, or are you just mouthing off?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
MarcoM MarcoM is offline

Steve, 09/03/2007 8.29:

Again, tell me where you read the Edirol R-09 had a clicking problem?

An owner of the R-09 told me you can hear an electronic click for every
step of the volume setting, but this is listenable only recording very
soft sounds.
Marco

--
[cut off the capital B to reply]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 9, 12:25 pm, MarcoM wrote:

An owner of the R-09 told me you can hear an electronic click for every
step of the volume setting

I believe I have read the same thing, and in fact my Jukebox 3 does a
brief mute each step of the gain setting. But my philosophy is that
you set the record level once (correctly, of course) and then leave
it alone through the duration of the recording. You may generate a few
clicks at the start while you're establishing the correct setting, but
once that's done and you leave it alone, it should be no problem.

People who think they have to ride the gain throughout a recording
aren't "digital ready." It's certainly reasonable, providing you have
the skill, to ride the gain on a singer when recording a vocal TRACK,
but that isn't what you use these recorders for.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

"Thomas Jespersen" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:29:28 GMT, MarcoM wrote:

Someone can help me with experiences with this recorder? especially
about the microphones quality?
Marco

Can't speak for it myself but take a look at taperssection.com (use the
search function). They have discussed it several times.

Another option in same pricerange is edirol r-09.

Just Google "Zoom H4" and you'll run across a half dozen "reviews".

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] barchdan@hotmail.com is offline

http://www.2090.org/zoom/bbs/index.php