chris berbaum

Default latest equipment list for PC recording

Hello all,

I only lurk infrequently, but seem to remember there was a sort of
"consensus" list of equipage needed to outfit a PC for a home studio.
Something along the lines of: ... 2 hard discs, Pentel X.X, .... audio
boards, ... direct interface, .... software.

If someone has such a list of recommendations, I would surely appreciate it:
even if I could find the old one, it would probably be out-of-date. (It's
probably on my old home computer, which was so dogged out years ago that I
don't even try to do anything but print with it

Help, quick, .... it's burning, .... a hole in me pocket.

thanks in advance, chris b.

Raymond

Chris wrote
"consensus" list of equipage needed to outfit a PC for a home studio.
Something along the lines of: ... 2 hard discs, Pentel X.X, .... audio
boards, ... direct interface, .... software.

Do yourself a big faver and start looking at the condition of the room(s) your
going to be doing all this in first. So many people make this mistake and have
trouble with there recordings.