Default Amp for private use

Hi,

I need some nice amp for my private (small) home studio which is not too
expensive. I have two JBL Control 1C (150W each). Here in Germany I have
found e.g. the following items:

Alesis RA-300
CROWN XLS202
Omnitronic P-250

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Matthias
P Stamler

Hafler.

Peace,
Paul
Roger W. Norman

If it's such a great amp, why does Hafler have so many refurbished that they
need to advertise?

Not trying to start an argument, just wondering.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Justin Ulysses Morse" wrote in message
In a recent consumer audio magazine, Hafler was advertising
factory-refurbished P3000 amplifiers for $350. That is an incredibly
great amp at a very good price. Perfect match for your speakers, too.

ulysses

Hi,

I need some nice amp for my private (small) home studio which is not too
expensive. I have two JBL Control 1C (150W each). Here in Germany I have
found e.g. the following items:

Alesis RA-300
CROWN XLS202
Omnitronic P-250

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Matthias

Arny Krueger

"Roger W. Norman" wrote in message

If it's such a great amp, why does Hafler have so many refurbished
that they need to advertise?

Not trying to start an argument, just wondering.

Good question. Historically the presence of lots refurbs indicates:

(1) A problematic design. Often the refurbs incorporate a fix for the
problem.

(2) A product that people can't figure out how to use, so they return it as
broken. Not likely with something simple like a power amp.

(3) Problems on the production line that only showed up in actual use.

(4) Large volume sales, and that means a larger number of returns.

mitch

In article ,
says...

SAMSON

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Matthias

Gidney and Cloyd

Roger W. Norman wrote:
If it's such a great amp, why does Hafler have so many refurbished that they
need to advertise?

We've got a late '80s P3000 that went back to the factory
after being a bass guitar power amp that sat on top of a
2x12 cabinet loaded with McCauley's. Shook the cassis so
hard it shorted out one side and let out a lot of smoke.
Free repair included "Engineering Change Order" to avoid
the short. Thumps the Reveals nicely on powerup.

-- Gid

Justin Ulysses Morse

I think it's because Hafler has (or had, last I checked) a really
kick-ass wattanty policy. I had a P1500 that was making a very, very
subtle distortion on one side, but I could only hear it in very clean
recordings of acoustic instruments, such as solo piano. I sent it in
for service, and they found nothing wrong. I double-checked that it
was in fact the amp causing the problem and sent it back again. They
sent me a new unit quickly enough that I knew they didn't bother
troubleshooting the old amp a 2nd time.

ulysses

In article , Roger W. Norman
wrote:

If it's such a great amp, why does Hafler have so many refurbished that they
need to advertise?

Not trying to start an argument, just wondering.

Analogeezer

mitch wrote in message . ..
In article ,
says...

SAMSON

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
Matthias

You gotta be kidding....SAMSON?

Analogeezer
Justin Ulysses Morse

Justin Ulysses Morse ) wrote:
In a recent consumer audio magazine, Hafler was advertising
factory-refurbished P3000 amplifiers for $350. That is an incredibly
great amp at a very good price. Perfect match for your speakers, too.

Brian Takei wrote:
Anyone know if these refurbs still available, and where?

I can't find the magazine now, but it was a current issue of I think
Stereophile* and the ad was for refurb amps being sold directly by
Hafler, if I remember correctly.

ulysses

*Available in the checkout aisle at the grocery store next to the other
tabloids and Nostradamus books.

LeBaron & Alrich

Brian Takei wrote:
Anyone know if these refurbs still available, and where?

I can't find the magazine now, but it was a current issue of I think
Stereophile* and the ad was for refurb amps being sold directly by
Hafler, if I remember correctly.

HCM Audio in Chico Ca usually has "B-Stock" Haflers at decent prices.
They come iwth full facotry warranties. I'm pleased with my P3000.

--
hank alrich * secret mountain
audio recording * music production * sound reinforcement
Brian Takei

LeBaron & Alrich ) wrote:
Justin Ulysses Morse wrote:

I can't find the magazine now, but it was a current issue of I think
Stereophile* and the ad was for refurb amps being sold directly by
Hafler, if I remember correctly.

HCM Audio in Chico Ca usually has "B-Stock" Haflers at decent prices.
They come iwth full facotry warranties. I'm pleased with my P3000.

Thanks. HCM only had the P1500, and I came up empty at Hafler.com. I
suppose on Monday I could try the telephone of all things... but its not
urgent. I'm in the process of unloading some things, and a refurb
Hafler caught my eye as a possible addition, but the competition for a
share of the proceeds is pretty stiff.

- Brian
Rob Adelman

Brian Takei wrote:

Thanks. HCM only had the P1500, and I came up empty at Hafler.com.

You might also consider a Carver. I have 2 in my studio, I sold a Hafler
P1000 a while back. The Carver consumer amps are great and people unload
them under valued because they are buying their 5.1's or 6.1's or whatever.

Here's a few on eBay if your interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044396623&category=39 783
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045679953&category=39 783

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty= MetaEndSort&ht=1&query=carver+amp