Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter B Peter B is offline

Default AD converters

Hi,
Anybody have some suggestions for 8 channel AD firewire converters that
don't cost a fortune (forget Digi, Lynx, Apogee and RME. I don't have that
kind of money) and work with Pro Tools? At the same time I don't want to go
super cheap either, so no behringer. One rack unit would be nice.

Thx

Pete

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

Mackie Onyx.

Peace,
Paul

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Peter B" wrote in message
news
Hi,
Anybody have some suggestions for 8 channel AD firewire
converters that don't cost a fortune (forget Digi, Lynx,
Apogee and RME. I don't have that kind of money) and work
with Pro Tools? At the same time I don't want to go super
cheap either, so no behringer. One rack unit would be
nice.

Take a look at M-Audio. I've had good luck with their stuff.

Profire 2626 about $600

Others can be found, with (on the high side) prices he

http://www.swee****er.com/c683--Fire...dio_Interfaces

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Peter B wrote:
Anybody have some suggestions for 8 channel AD firewire converters that
don't cost a fortune (forget Digi, Lynx, Apogee and RME. I don't have that
kind of money) and work with Pro Tools? At the same time I don't want to go
super cheap either, so no behringer. One rack unit would be nice.

I hate to tell you this, but the Apogee and RME _are_ the ones that don't
cost a fortune. It's the Weiss, Prism, etc. equipment that costs a fortune.

You considered buying used?