Posted to rec.audio.tech
Ray Ray is offline

Default Recording Audio On PC?

I would like to be able to record audio internally on my PC,
like if I'm playing a youtube video and I'd like to capture just the audio.

I don't like the results of using a microphone next to my speakers.

So is there a way to capture audio before it gets to the speakers?

Thanks,

Ray
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Ray" wrote...
I would like to be able to record audio internally on my PC,
like if I'm playing a youtube video and I'd like to capture just the
audio.

I don't like the results of using a microphone next to my speakers.

So is there a way to capture audio before it gets to the speakers?

Many newer sound drivers/control panels have some provision
for "record what you hear" and/or an input called "stereo mix"
or similar.

Lacking that, you can use an application specifically designed to
record whatever you are hearing on your PC. My favorite is...
Total Recorder from www.highcriteria.com (cheap-ware at $18)

Posted to rec.audio.tech

On 4/29/2009 3:55 PM Richard Crowley spake thus:

"Ray" wrote...

I would like to be able to record audio internally on my PC, like
if I'm playing a youtube video and I'd like to capture just the
audio.

I don't like the results of using a microphone next to my speakers.

So is there a way to capture audio before it gets to the speakers?

Many newer sound drivers/control panels have some provision
for "record what you hear" and/or an input called "stereo mix"
or similar.

I have a Sound Blaster Live!, and its little recorder app lets me record
from a source called "What U Hear".

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Buzz Buzz is offline

"Ray" a écrit dans le message de news:
I would like to be able to record audio internally on my PC,
like if I'm playing a youtube video and I'd like to capture just the
audio.

I don't like the results of using a microphone next to my speakers.

So is there a way to capture audio before it gets to the speakers?

Thanks,

Ray

Just use Audacity (Free) (Look on Google for it)
It records anything that goes through the speakers.
And it has many other options.

--
Allen RENY
www.a-reny.com