Mike Sims

Default Not So Bright components?

I have a set of Diamond Audio M661's, and they are extremely bright.
Can someone recommend a similar quality which is much, much softer?
james w

I have no experience with that model, but most crossovers I have used in car
audio are adjustable. Have you tried that?

"Mike Sims" wrote in message
I have a set of Diamond Audio M661's, and they are extremely bright.
Can someone recommend a similar quality which is much, much softer?

Paul Vina

Try the Diamond silk tweeter instead of the metal dome. If you already
have the silk tweeter then it sounds like you have a phase problem. Try
inverting the polarity (reverse the speaker wires at the amp or the
crossover input) on the passenger side and see what happens. I've never
done an install using Diamonds that were bright and couldn't be tuned so
they sounded correct.

Paul Vina

"Mike Sims" wrote in message
says...

I have no experience with that model, but most crossovers I have used in

car
audio are adjustable. Have you tried that?

Yes, I adjusted to the lowest setting, and even turned the tweeters to
face each other (instead of me), and it is still too bright. I bought a
new car, and I don't want to use these components in the new car.

Cali

Image Dynamics Chameleons very nice and clean comps and not harsh at
all.

--
Cali

Tony Fernandes

Yes...try silk. I had the same problem with the aluminum before switching.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

Pioneer Silver Era components for Sale (tuner, decompressor, time-tunnel reverb) ME Designer General 1 December 24th 03 02:55 AM
How do you code an Onkyo TX-DS838 receiver's remote control for other components ? Ted & Niki General 0 December 8th 03 11:23 PM
Teac Reference Components DKCC General 2 September 23rd 03 12:09 AM
Recommendations for 6.5" components? James Car Audio 3 September 8th 03 02:21 AM
polk components or mb quarts Brandon Buckner Car Audio 1 July 2nd 03 04:30 AM