GregS

Default Low pass filter question...

In article , "Hallraker" wrote:
I've got a Kenwood HU with controls for a built in low pass filter. I also
have a Pioneer amp, I think it's a GM-X542 or something like that, with it's
own low pass filter. Now I don't have the manual for the amp as it was a
secondhand special, but I'm curious as to the frequency it passes and
whether it would be better to use the filter in the head unit or the one on
the amp. Early experiments using the head unit's filter aren't as loud as
when using the filter on the amp, but seem to sound cleaner. I'm all for
clean sound, but I do like the extra punch I seem to get when using the
amp's LPF. If it matters, the amp is powering an old 12" Pioneer sub, can't
remember the exact model number. I've got more testing to do on it, and
I'll ultimately go with what I feel sounds best, but I'm looking for
opinions anyway.

Go with the one that sounds best to you. Thats what you will end up doing regardless.

greg