David Malone

Default Speaker Cloth in Toronto area?

I need some accoustically transparent speaker cloth to redo one of my
speaker grills that met with an unfortunate accident (otherwise known
as 'the dog did it').

I see some speciality places on the Web but they seem to be located in
the USA. Can anybody point me to a source in the Toronto, Ontario
area?

David "The Hamster" Malone

David Malone

On Wed, 18 May 2005 09:45:11 -0400, "Robert McLean"
wrote:

If you are interested in either just black or just white, then Radio Shack
has it. For other colours or patterns, I do not know.

Ah, Radio Shack! Thanks, Robert... I'm a moron. Should have thought of
that myself.

Black should do it although my wife was babbling something about
matching the wall colors. Lol.

David "The Hamster" Malone
Jocelyn Major

Hello David,

You can either go to any RadioShack (Now "The Source") and get Black
Cloth or you can go to any store that sell fabric and cloth by the meter
(just make sure that when you put it close to your mouth that you can
breath thrue it with no resistance .Just ask your wife to go with you
to choose the colour;-P.
That's what I did for my center channel and surround speakers (my wife
was very specific "It must match with the decor". I bought mine at
FabricVille In Montreal.

Bye

Jocelyn

wrote:

If you are interested in either just black or just white, then Radio Shack
has it. For other colours or patterns, I do not know.

Ah, Radio Shack! Thanks, Robert... I'm a moron. Should have thought of
that myself.

Black should do it although my wife was babbling something about
matching the wall colors. Lol.

David "The Hamster" Malone

David Malone

On Wed, 18 May 2005 12:20:06 -0400, Jocelyn Major
wrote:

You can either go to any RadioShack (Now "The Source") and get Black
Cloth or you can go to any store that sell fabric and cloth by the meter

Another good idea... I thought it was a specially made fabric for
speaker grilles, though?

(just make sure that when you put it close to your mouth that you can
breath thrue it with no resistance .

I have visions of them finding me lying on the floor dead at
FabricLand with a swath of unbreathable cloth wrapped around my
head...

Just ask your wife to go with you to choose the colour;-P.

It has to match all the other surround speakers so I'm afraid it'll be
basic black.

David "The Hamster" Malone

Robert McLean

Look for the slightly stretchy material used in jumpers. I forget what it
is called, I do not mean as tight and stretchy as Spandex. I bought some
black and gold material for some speakers I built a couple of years ago. I
remember feeling a bit sheepish going around feeling and stretching all the
material, thinking all the women in the place were looking at me funny ...

wrote:

You can either go to any RadioShack (Now "The Source") and get Black
Cloth or you can go to any store that sell fabric and cloth by the meter

Another good idea... I thought it was a specially made fabric for
speaker grilles, though?

(just make sure that when you put it close to your mouth that you can
breath thrue it with no resistance .

I have visions of them finding me lying on the floor dead at
FabricLand with a swath of unbreathable cloth wrapped around my
head...

Just ask your wife to go with you to choose the colour;-P.

It has to match all the other surround speakers so I'm afraid it'll be
basic black.

David "The Hamster" Malone

David Malone

On Thu, 19 May 2005 10:08:01 -0400, "Robert McLean"
wrote:

Look for the slightly stretchy material used in jumpers. I forget what it
is called, I do not mean as tight and stretchy as Spandex.

Yes... I noticed the cloth is a bit 'stretchy' and has some give to
it.

I bought some
black and gold material for some speakers I built a couple of years ago. I
remember feeling a bit sheepish going around feeling and stretching all the
material, thinking all the women in the place were looking at me funny ...

Lol...

David "The Hamster" Malone