Posted to rec.audio.car
Coloclimber Coloclimber is offline

Default Help complete my BMW system- Focals + ? sub ?

I have an 01 BMW X5 and replaced all the factory speakers with
component Focal 165 KFs (80W nominal power) in the front doors and
coaxial 165 CV1 (70W nominal power) in the rear doors. They are
powered by a Sony XM-4S amp rated at 50Wx4. The system sounds great
but needs more low end balance = I need a subwoofer.

I am going to pick up another Sony amp for the sub- XM-1S. It is rated
at 500W x 2 ohms or 290W for 4 ohms. The reason I am going with these
amps is that they are class D and the space is very limited in the
back to place the amps in the hidden side pockets. There are motors
under the seats which make it difficult to put an amp there.

I want to put a sub in the passenger side rear pocket and have seen
some pics online of other X5 owners putting in Kicker solobaric S8
's.

Will a Kicker 8" square sub pair well with the Focal speakers? Should
I get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm model?

Complete System mitchelld Car Audio 4 April 1st 07 06:35 PM
Complete System mitchelld Car Audio 6 March 30th 07 11:36 PM
Complete System mitchelld Car Audio 0 March 29th 07 09:53 PM
Complete System mitchelld Car Audio 0 March 29th 07 09:51 PM
FS: QUAD complete system Ron Tavalin Marketplace 0 September 18th 04 09:16 PM