Posted to rec.audio.tech
Rich Litel Rich Litel is offline

Default Audio repair in Chicago?

Anybody know a firm that will make house calls to repair audio equipment in
the Chicago area? Audio Consultants only repairs stuff they sold -which
unfortunately in my case, it is not.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Rich Litel"

Anybody know a firm that will make house calls to repair audio equipment
in
the Chicago area? Audio Consultants only repairs stuff they sold -which
unfortunately in my case, it is not.

** Only a complete fool or a charlatan would offer to carry out repairs to
defective audio gear in the customer's home.

The best you can maybe expect to get is a pick-up and deliver back service -
for which you will pay extra.

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Rich Litel writes:

Anybody know a firm that will make house calls to repair audio equipment in
the Chicago area? Audio Consultants only repairs stuff they sold -which
unfortunately in my case, it is not.

Midwest Audio
774 W Algonquin Rd, Arlington Hts, IL
(847) 640-1890

Not in-home though.

I'd be happy to come to your home, unrack the piece of gear that's
ailing it and take it to them for $100/hr including transit time
though. I'm even a degreed electrical engineer, so I can unhook
things very handily.

If it's for a large item such a TV though, TV repair folks are more
setup for the in-home thing more often than not.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

Rich Litel writes:

It's actually a large 75 pound speaker with a dead woofer. I would take it
in to a repair place myself, but I live in a downtown highrise with no car.

Thank's for the offer for your service, but if need be, I could always rent
an SUV and do it myself.

It's pretty easy to pop a woofer out.

Once you have it out of the speaker, see if you can't google down or
yellow page any place that does "speaker reconing" in the city. I'd
be amazed if there weren't a place, but I haven't blown a speaker in
the 7 years I've been in the area. :-)

Best Regards,