Rusty Boudreaux

Default Rusty Boudreaux quacking on tube amps

"Powell" wrote in message
"I have amplifier designs"... Hehehe, HAHAHA!

So if a search of patents was made your name would
be found regarding amplifier design, right... wrong?

I have no assigned patents in audio amplifier design. I never
claimed I did. Not that it really matters much these days since
audio amplifier design is basic engineering.

However, you would find these issued patents:

6,489,755 Active ripple and noise filter for telecommunication
equipment powering
6,437,574 Auxiliary battery test and alarm system for
telecommunication equipment
6,404,174 Circuit for in-system programming of memory device
6,584,197 Power-limited remote termination converter with wetting
current and emergency power operation for digital data
transmission equipment
6,628,782 Ring voltage termination by means of a spare fuse
6,668,060 Tracking switchmode power converter for telephony
interface circuit

....and 13 others in the published patent database.

You've done nothing which was not been overseen by
a supervisor, mr. Self-importance.

Again you show your ignorance.

You do even have
an advanced college degree in EE?

BS and MSEE from Auburn University.

You've questioned my net worth which by the preceding
sentence indicates that isn't an issue even if it was
relevant in the first place.

"net worth"... is a business term which you would have
little understanding of. I referred to you as "Broke-Ass®"...
a lack of disposable income as the basis of your lack of

Unless you win the New York Lotto once or twice it's highly
probable my current liquid assets exceed your lifetime income.

It always comes down to the money you don't have and
your resentment of people who do. Why is that? Is it
because they are generally better educated and more
successfully? Obviously they could care less about your
financial limitations... or does it go deeper than that,
Rusty?

I live in the US where we have the American Dream. We don't
resent the rich, the educated, or the successful.

You're just changing the subject because the thread you started
didn't go your way. Pity.

Rusty Boudreaux

"Powell" wrote in message
You failed to demonstrate any audible "technical
shortcoming" in the ARC example.

I demonstrated the ARC was technically inferior in every
specification to a half dozen low budget SS amps.

George M. Middius

Rusty Boudreaux said:

I demonstrated the ARC was technically inferior in every
specification to a half dozen low budget SS amps.

Which means you'll never listen to it because it's "inferior" and
"impure" and all that other "technical" stuff. Joy to the world.

George M. Middius

NoneSuchBorg whined:

The audiophile hobby is empirically based.

Often combined with the rejection of simple logic.

But far less frequently with the abjuration of all pleasure in music.

All pleasure in music? All kinds of music? Every listener?
Really now...

How're the implants lately? Any localized irritation, or does it still
permeate your entire gastro-intestinal system?

You've been projecting for a long time now. Maybe you should change doctors.

Just a suggestion.

How original. Rewind your recording unit, 'borg.

Rusty Boudreaux

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
Rusty Boudreaux said:
I demonstrated the ARC was technically inferior in every
specification to a half dozen low budget SS amps.

Which means you'll never listen to it because it's "inferior"

and
"impure" and all that other "technical" stuff. Joy to the

world.

I own two ARC REF300 monoblocks which I purchased new from Wilson
Audio in 2001. However, they have not been upgraded to the Mark
II. I don't use them for serious listening so they are currently
on loan to my brother.

This thread was never about listening. It was about whether tube
amps are the pinnacle of technology in the realm of audio
amplifiers. They are not.

I have tried to refrain from posting my experiences or equipment
because it is not relevant. Your assumption on what equipment
I've heard is pure speculation.

George M. Middius

Rusty Boudreaux said:

I demonstrated the ARC was technically inferior in every
specification to a half dozen low budget SS amps.

Which means you'll never listen to it because it's "inferior" and
"impure" and all that other "technical" stuff. Joy to the world.

I own two ARC REF300 monoblocks which I purchased new from Wilson
Audio in 2001. However, they have not been upgraded to the Mark
II. I don't use them for serious listening so they are currently
on loan to my brother.

Of course they're not for "serious listening". They might impart
impurities into your technically advanced ears.

Your viewpoint is kind of ... ****ed up, I'd call it.

I have tried to refrain from posting my experiences or equipment
because it is not relevant. Your assumption on what equipment
I've heard is pure speculation.

You still bray like a world-class jackass.

This post reformatted by the Resistance,
laboring tirelessly to de-Kroogerize Usenet.
Powell

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

So if a search of patents was made your name would
be found regarding amplifier design, right... wrong?

I have no assigned patents in audio amplifier design.

Thank you.

Do you even have an advanced college degree in EE?

BS and MSEE from Auburn University.

Thank you, again.

"net worth"... is a business term which you would have
little understanding of. I referred to you as "Broke-Ass®"...
a lack of disposable income as the basis of your lack of

Unless you win the New York Lotto once or twice it's highly
probable my current liquid assets exceed your lifetime income.

Sooo... for the 4th time, what's your excuse then (no tube
experience)?

As for "current liquid assets"... Arny wants the board to
believe that he uses $1,000 checks for toilet paper. Your
claim of being a multi-millionaire is equally unbelievable.
Perhaps you're related to Jed Campett (Beverly
hillbillies), too )).

It always comes down to the money you don't have and
your resentment of people who do. Why is that? Is it
because they are generally better educated and more
successfully? Obviously they could care less about your
financial limitations... or does it go deeper than that,
Rusty?

I live in the US where we have the American Dream. We don't
resent the rich, the educated, or the successful.

Really... what's your "dream"?

Why do you keep saying "we?" Why not say Arny and I?

You're just changing the subject because the thread you
started didn't go your way. Pity.

No... the subject is "Rusty Boudreaux quacking on
tube amps."

Powell

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

I have tried to refrain from posting my experiences or
equipment because it is not relevant.

Hehehe... oh brother! USEnet audio news groups
aren't "relvent" (relevant) to the duscussion of
"experiences or equipment audio." So why are you
wasting our time when you have nothing meaningful
to add?

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

Just to reiterate: "There are areas where vacuum
tubes are still at the top. High power radio/tv
transmitters, CRTs and microwave ovens come to
mind. Audio amps isn't one of them."

"Just to reiterate:"... "Please list makes and models
of tube pre/power amps you have personally
measured/auditioned in your home setup... last 10
years (manufactured date)? Short of that, in the last
20 years?" After all the distortions the answer remains
ZERO empirically experiences. It is always easy to
putdown what you don't know.

I see no point.

Agreed.

Not having any practical hand-on experiences with tube
amps would demonstrate your total lack of practical
knowledge on the subject. The audiophile hobby is
empirically based.

You tell the same lie about me Powell, despite the fact that I lived through
the years when tubed amplifiers were all we had. I've and owned and listened
to numerous tubed amps.

Regardless of what I say about my experiences with
auditioning, hearing, designing, analyzing, reverse
engineering, measuring, repairing, rebuilding, consulting
or any other such personal or professional endeavor you
will find some straw man argument.

Arny makes the same association.

Arny, apparently quite a bit older than Rusty, has all of the same
experiences he lists, but dating back to the days when tubed audio gear was
the rule. I've built, technically tested, and habitually listened to
numerous tubed amps I built from scratch, from kits, and bought them
assembled. I tested and listened to other people's tubed amps. I listened to
tubed amps in audio stores because in the day of, tubed amps were all that
audio stores had!

Because he repairs
computers that makes him an expert on audio equipment.

Not at all. Believe what I say or not, at your own risk.

I'm not impressed with your self-importance (narcissistic
viewpoint).

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's professional credentials, why
don't you tell us about your education?

You questioned my experience and I informed
you I have amplifier designs with total sales of just a tick
under 3 million units.

"I have amplifier designs"... Hehehe, HAHAHA!

Typical of your ridiculous dismissive attitude, Powell.

So if a search of patents was made your name would
be found regarding amplifier design, right... wrong?

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's professional credentials, why
don't you tell us about your patents?

You've done nothing which was not been overseen by
a supervisor, mr. Self-importance.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's professional credentials, why
don't you tell us about what kind of successful entrepreneur you are?

You do even have an advanced college degree in EE?

Do you, Powell?

You've questioned my net worth which by the preceding
sentence indicates that isn't an issue even if it was
relevant in the first place.

"net worth"... is a business term which you would have little

understanding of.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't you
tell us about what your net worth is?

I referred to you as "Broke-Ass®"...
a lack of disposable income as the basis of your lack of
practical tube amp experiences.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't you
tell us about what your disposable income is?

Auditioning audio
equipment in your home cost nothing more than having
a credit card limit to cover the loaner.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't you
tell us about what your credit card limits?

What's your financial excuse for not doing so... bad credit?

I need offer no excuses since I've been there, and done that.

Well Powell, since you've claims I had no experiences with tubed audio gear,
why don't you tell us about your personal experience with tubed gear?

The bottom line is you presented your best example
(a $30,000 tube amp) and it didn't hold up technically to
some of the cheapest solid state products on the market.

It always comes down to the money you don't have and
your resentment of people who do.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't you
tell us about how much money you have?

Why is that? Is it
because they are generally better educated and more
successfully?

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's educational credentials, why don't
you tell us about your education? Why don't you tell us about your
financial holdings? Do you even own your own home, free and clear?

Obviously they could care less about your
financial limitations... or does it go deeper than that,
Rusty?

Powell, since you keep bringing these issues up, but you're such a dramatic
no show when challenged about your status, don't you think that there's a
good reason to question your motives?

Are you like the sockpuppet twins who rant and rave for weeks about other
people's purported class envy, and then admit that they have good reason to
have a little class envy of their own?

Your arguments have been torn down.

I must have missed that post .

You missed the last several years of your life on RAO, Powell. You're a
write-only contributor. Nothing we say or do changes your rotten attitude or
the lies you spew about others.

Shut up or present a legitimate case. We're all tired
of your pointless quacking.

Agreed,. Randy.

"We're all"... Translation: Arny and Rusty, two peas in a pod.

Well Powell, let's hear your story, if you have one. You've been asked a
number of specific questions that you've asked of others. Put up or shut up!

Arny Krueger

Rusty Boudreaux said:

I demonstrated the ARC was technically inferior in every
specification to a half dozen low budget SS amps.

Which means you'll never listen to it because it's "inferior" and
"impure" and all that other "technical" stuff. Joy to the world.

I own two ARC REF300 monoblocks which I purchased new from Wilson
Audio in 2001. However, they have not been upgraded to the Mark
II. I don't use them for serious listening so they are currently
on loan to my brother.

Of course they're not for "serious listening". They might impart
impurities into your technically advanced ears.

So Middius, are you saying that high fidelity is about maximizing the
impurity of reproduced sound?

This thread was never about listening. It was about whether tube
amps are the pinnacle of technology in the realm of audio
amplifiers. They are not.

Your viewpoint is kind of ... ****ed up, I'd call it.

Call it what you will Middius, you're just a little man with a lot of
secrets. Foolish people around here pander to you for no well-known reason.

I have tried to refrain from posting my experiences or equipment
because it is not relevant. Your assumption on what equipment
I've heard is pure speculation.

You still bray like a world-class jackass.

Middius, you lack the brains of a carrot. Even jackasses have more brains
than carrots. Its clear that Randy is nobody's fool.

Rusty Boudreaux

"Powell" wrote in message
Sooo... for the 4th time, what's your excuse then (no tube
experience)?

I finally took the bait and listed my tube ownership in another
post.

As for "current liquid assets"... Arny wants the board to
believe that he uses $1,000 checks for toilet paper. Your
claim of being a multi-millionaire is equally unbelievable.

I doubt you'll believe anything I say even though I've been
completely honest and straightforward.

The only reason I mentioned my financial status is your incessant
remarks about my lack of resources. If you had browsed my
patents you may have noticed my employer is Adtran. I have a
salary, patent income and one of about 300 employees regularly
issued stock options which I have received for the past 6 years.
Our CEO sold $460 million in stock in the last year alone (2003).
Obviously, mine are worth significantly less but our CEO receives
far fewer options than the rest of us combined. Feel free to
review our SEC Form 10-K for verification and do the math if you
like.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=ADTN
http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040106/1826001211_1.html

Perhaps you're related to Jed Campett (Beverly
hillbillies), too )).

According to the census data roughly 3% of the US population
(nearly 10 million people) qualify as "millionaires". Jed
Clampett wouldn't be anyone special these days.

It always comes down to the money you don't have and
your resentment of people who do. Why is that? Is it
because they are generally better educated and more
successfully? Obviously they could care less about your
financial limitations... or does it go deeper than that,
Rusty?

I live in the US where we have the American Dream. We don't
resent the rich, the educated, or the successful.

Really... what's your "dream"?

For you to get a brain. Alas, it's only a dream.

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

"We're all"... Translation: Arny and Rusty, two peas
in a pod.

Well Powell, let's hear your story, if you have one.
You've been asked a number of specific questions
that you've asked of others. Put up or shut up!

I couldn’t help notice that you started posting to the group
at 4:38 a.m. You wrote “That's about 10,000 a year, or 833
per month or 27 per day. Most posts take me a minute or
two, so this represents maybe an hour or two, more or
less worth of effort per day." Even on the weekends you
don't seem to be able to have any life outside this ng.
You’re angry 24/7 it seems.

You wrote "I make no pretenses about being a scientist,
legitimate or otherwise." Agreed. You’re an enigma
wrapped in a mystery.

You then continued by saying, "I'm just a guy who loves
to listen to music." I disagree. Your true "love" is the
time intensive dehumanizing hatred you lavish on
all the members of this group.

Rusty Boudreaux

"Powell" wrote in message
I couldn't help notice that you started posting to the group
at 4:38 a.m.

What does that have to do with anything?

You wrote "That's about 10,000 a year, or 833
per month or 27 per day. Most posts take me a minute or
two, so this represents maybe an hour or two, more or
less worth of effort per day." Even on the weekends you
don't seem to be able to have any life outside this ng.
You're angry 24/7 it seems.

At least Arny's posts have substance. Yours are nothing but
rants, insults and a general waste of everyone's time.

You wrote "I make no pretenses about being a scientist,
legitimate or otherwise." Agreed. You're an enigma
wrapped in a mystery.

You then continued by saying, "I'm just a guy who loves
to listen to music." I disagree. Your true "love" is the
time intensive dehumanizing hatred you lavish on
all the members of this group.

Powell, when was the last time you posted anything of substance
or merit?

Rusty Boudreaux

Rusty Boudreaux said:
This thread was never about listening. It was about whether

tube
amps are the pinnacle of technology in the realm of audio
amplifiers. They are not.

Your viewpoint is kind of ... ****ed up, I'd call it.

You're entitled to your opinion.

I have tried to refrain from posting my experiences or

equipment
because it is not relevant. Your assumption on what

equipment
I've heard is pure speculation.

You still bray like a world-class jackass.

Thanks.

Powell

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

Sooo... for the 4th time, what's your excuse then (no tube
experience)?

I finally took the bait and listed my tube ownership in another
post.

I missed it.

As for "current liquid assets"... Arny wants the board to
believe that he uses $1,000 checks for toilet paper. Your
claim of being a multi-millionaire is equally unbelievable.

I doubt you'll believe anything I say even though I've been
completely honest and straightforward.

The only reason I mentioned my financial status is your
incessant remarks about my lack of resources.

No... it was the lack of your motivation.

If you had browsed my patents you may have noticed
my employer is Adtran.

So why say "I have no assigned patents in audio amplifier
design." And if they are not directly related to audio fidelity
then they are not relevant, are they?

I have a salary, patent income and one of about 300
employees regularly issued stock options which I have
received for the past 6 years.

So if you're a multi-millionaire as you indicated why
are you just a supervised employee?

snip quacking

Powell

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

What does that have to do with anything?

You wrote "That's about 10,000 a year, or 833
per month or 27 per day. Most posts take me a minute or
two, so this represents maybe an hour or two, more or
less worth of effort per day." Even on the weekends you
don't seem to be able to have any life outside this ng.
You're angry 24/7 it seems.

At least Arny's posts have substance.

Gack... you're just his latest drone.

You wrote "I make no pretenses about being a scientist,
legitimate or otherwise." Agreed. You're an enigma
wrapped in a mystery.

You then continued by saying, "I'm just a guy who loves
to listen to music." I disagree. Your true "love" is the
time intensive dehumanizing hatred you lavish on
all the members of this group.

Powell, when was the last time you posted anything of
substance or merit?

Quack, quack, quack...

George M. Middius

Rusty Boudreaux said:

At least Arny's posts have substance. Yours are nothing but
rants, insults and a general waste of everyone's time.

You should have been a police officer. You seem to have a real liking
for sifting through tons of garbage and effluvium on the off chance of
finding a lamp or toaster that's still (barely) serviceable. You would
have been a first-quality dumpster diver. The other cops would have
loved you.

George M. Middius

Powell said:

So if you're a multi-millionaire as you indicated why
are you just a supervised employee?

More to the point, why aren't you minding your portfolio instead of
jabbering your inane religious gospel on Usenet?

Powell

"George M. Middius" wrote

Powell said:

So if you're a multi-millionaire as you indicated why
are you just a supervised employee?

More to the point, why aren't you minding your
portfolio instead of jabbering your inane religious
gospel on Usenet?

Or trim his Newsgroups: header to rec.audio.Borg®-life

Rusty Boudreaux

"Powell" wrote in message
So why say "I have no assigned patents in audio amplifier
design."

Because it's the truth.

And if they are not directly related to audio fidelity
then they are not relevant, are they?

You brought up the patent issue. They are relevant as examples
to show I have experience designing electronics. Apparently you
don't.

why are you just a supervised employee?

I like my job.

How's your training at McDonald's going? Do they trust you with
the drive-thru headset yet?

Rusty Boudreaux

"George M. Middius" wrote in message
More to the point, why aren't you minding your portfolio

instead of
jabbering your inane religious gospel on Usenet?

Finance doesn't interest me. I pay professionals to handle the
day to day.

More to the point, why don't you post something constructive or
even relevant?

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:58:02 -0500, "Powell"
wrote:

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

What does that have to do with anything?

You wrote "That's about 10,000 a year, or 833
per month or 27 per day. Most posts take me a minute or
two, so this represents maybe an hour or two, more or
less worth of effort per day." Even on the weekends you
don't seem to be able to have any life outside this ng.
You're angry 24/7 it seems.

At least Arny's posts have substance.

Gack... you're just his latest drone.

And you are just background noise.

You wrote "I make no pretenses about being a scientist,
legitimate or otherwise." Agreed. You're an enigma
wrapped in a mystery.

You then continued by saying, "I'm just a guy who loves
to listen to music." I disagree. Your true "love" is the
time intensive dehumanizing hatred you lavish on
all the members of this group.

Powell, when was the last time you posted anything of
substance or merit?

Quack, quack, quack...

Brilliantly argued, as ever...................

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

"Powell" wrote in message

"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

Just to reiterate: "There are areas where vacuum
tubes are still at the top. High power radio/tv
transmitters, CRTs and microwave ovens come to
mind. Audio amps isn't one of them."

"Just to reiterate:"... "Please list makes and models
of tube pre/power amps you have personally
measured/auditioned in your home setup... last 10
years (manufactured date)? Short of that, in the last
20 years?" After all the distortions the answer remains
ZERO empirically experiences. It is always easy to
putdown what you don't know.

I see no point.

Agreed.

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

[...]

why don't you tell us about your patents?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

You've done nothing which was not been overseen by
a supervisor, mr. Self-importance.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's professional credentials,
why don't you tell us about what kind of successful entrepreneur you
are?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

You do even have an advanced college degree in EE?

Do you, Powell?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

You've questioned my net worth which by the preceding
sentence indicates that isn't an issue even if it was
relevant in the first place.

"net worth"... is a business term which you would have little
understanding of.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't
you tell us about what your net worth is?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

I referred to you as "Broke-Ass®"...
a lack of disposable income as the basis of your lack of
practical tube amp experiences.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't
you tell us about what your disposable income is?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

Auditioning audio
equipment in your home cost nothing more than having
a credit card limit to cover the loaner.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't
you tell us about what your credit card limits?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

What's your financial excuse for not doing so... bad credit?

I need offer no excuses since I've been there, and done that.

Well Powell, since you've claims I had no experiences with tubed
audio gear, why don't you tell us about your personal experience with
tubed gear?

no response, Powell obviously has no reply or defense

The bottom line is you presented your best example
(a $30,000 tube amp) and it didn't hold up technically to
some of the cheapest solid state products on the market.

It always comes down to the money you don't have and
your resentment of people who do.

Well Powell, since you challenged Rusty's economic status, why don't
you tell us about how much money you have?

[...]

You are one confused little boy, Powell. I made that post on 12/13/2003 at
6:21 pm EDT.

Here's the URL that supports my claim:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...%40comcast.com

You wrote "I make no pretenses about being a scientist,
legitimate or otherwise." Agreed. You're an enigma
wrapped in a mystery.

You are one confused little boy, Powell. I made that post on Mon, 29 Dec
2003.

Here's the URL that supports my claim:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...%40comcast.com

You then continued by saying, "I'm just a guy who loves
to listen to music." I disagree. Your true "love" is the
time intensive dehumanizing hatred you lavish on
all the members of this group.

Powell I posted this about a fortnight ago. Why are you like two weeks late
with your response? Does that mean that I'll have to wait over two weeks for
an answer to the questions that you soughed, above?

Svante

"Powell" wrote in message ...
"Rusty Boudreaux" wrote

Especially if you turn the lights down, you can almost see
and hear the electrons jumping off the warm thread. And
they MUST be warmer than those cold electrons of SS
amplifiers. If you listen carefully, while watching the glow,
for sure you can hear the warmth of those electrons. Mmm...

Isn't that part of the experience?

Sure it is.

Hehehe... "see and hear the electrons jumping off the
warm thread." Really, how so... Svante comment was
making a point with satire?

Sure, there was a lot of satire there. On the other hand, I think that
it is everyones right to enjoy the dim lights of a tube amplifier, and
it isn't unlikely that the visual impression is important for how we
perceive it's quality. And, as seen in this thread, humans are very
emotional, so it is not unlikely that visual quality can be confused
with auditive quality.
It is not wrong to like the tube amplifiers because of their visual
appearance
and I can understand that it will affect the overall experience. Just
like the compositions you may get at a good restaurant. Of course it
does not matter for the taste of the food if it is perfectly laid out
on the plate. Or does it?