Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

Default ///Alpine?

Hhhhhmmmm i've been thinking of getting a alpine.A high class company
thats popular enough to get service n parts for without a hassle is
nice.
I put alpine in the upper class group.
Hooking that high end unit to my jvc speakers n boss amps ought to be
sweet......
but id never go below 4v outs.....minium.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

but id never go below 4v outs.....minium.....

This is a popular subject of debate here. I've had HU's with 4 volts and
without and I can't hear a shred of difference. I think, in general,
marketing people have done an effective job in convincing the average
consumer that this is REALLY important. The only way I can see 4 volts
being ANY benefit at all is if there is some kind of noise problem (like a
ground loop), which might allow you to turn the gains on your amp a bit
lower. But this, to me, is just a way of COVERING UP A PROBLEM! If your
system is set up properly to start and there is no noise problem, I really
don't see any benefit. I mean, think about it, if 4 volt outputs were the
end-all and be-all of audio (besides to help cover up noise as I mentioned),
then why don't high-end home stereo makers (Krell, Mark Levinson, Conrad
Johnson, NAD, Meridian) use 4 volts? Surely, if there was ANY SONIC
BENEFIT, these spare-no-expense companies would take advantage of it, right?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

BTW, your name reminds me of an old Southern Accent joke: What does a
Southerner call that fencing used by cattle farmers and prisons? Bob
Wa......ld

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

Mosfet,

You're not really trying to hold a logical, meaningful, intelligent
conversation with Mr. Wald, are you? It's been so long since we've been
"graced" by his presence on this fine newsgroup... PLEASE PLEASE ignore him
so he'll go away...the sooner the better!!!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

You're not really trying to hold a logical, meaningful, intelligent
conversation with Mr. Wald, are you?

Oh, sorry Tony. But my Bob Wa joke was funny, right?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
jesse

'cept in okra homa an texas, dey say bob waar.
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
jesse

They might say bobwa in baaaston. Youd never want to drive ya ca, inta
bob waa! sorry... its been a long day
Jester

Posted to rec.audio.car
Austin Becker

What's black and blue and really hates having sex?

--
- AUSTIN BECKER
"MOSFET" wrote in message
m...
BTW, your name reminds me of an old Southern Accent joke: What does a
Southerner call that fencing used by cattle farmers and prisons? Bob
Wa......ld

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

well i know alot of other factors matter but with 2 equal systems one
with 2v verses 4v the other. guess wholl be 5x better?????
it does make a giant difference.personal experience is my teacher.

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

ya moma after i beat herass....lol

Posted to rec.audio.car