Default 2000 Toyota Corolla radio

Where is, and how do you access the radio in a 2000 Corolla? I have a
problem with FM reception, and replaced what I thought was the radio -
ie I changed the dash-mounted control unit - but that hasn't cured the
problem. Where's the actual radio unit?

KaeZoo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where is, and how do you access the radio in a 2000 Corolla? I have a
problem with FM reception, and replaced what I thought was the radio -
ie I changed the dash-mounted control unit - but that hasn't cured the
problem. Where's the actual radio unit?

There is no separate radio tuner in a Corolla. If there's no improvement
from replacing the head unit, then the problem may be in the antenna.

Thanks. How do I inspect the antennna and what do I look for?

Matt Pueschel

frontline@nospam

Rust around the mounting area, damage to the cable, power antenna also
check connector/s and main assy for water damage, window antenna check
for damaged foil/s.
Plug another antenna into the head unit and ground the mount to the car
if it works its a bad antenna if not its the two head units.
you did not say if AM worked if it does its not the antenna!
Jeff

AM does work - does this mean that both radios are bonkered?

frontline@nospam

Yes, if AM does work the antenna is good the FM part of the radio is
not.
Jeff