Alex

Default MD/CD changer head unit power problem

I took my Sony MD/CD changer head unit in for repair after the front left
channels kept cutting out - they replaced a faulty socket on the rear and
solved the problem.

Only thing is now when I switch off the car the head unit's setting are
erased, i.e. clock, bass/treble, display etc, AND it no longer restarts at
the same point on a CD but restarts at CD 1 Track 1 every time, or ejects
the MD when you switch the unit back on.

I assume that some contact that kept the HU powered when the car is off has
not been reconnected - I'm obviously going to take it back in for them to
sort out, but is this an easy thing to fix?

Thanks

Alex

Jim Murray

Sounds like you have the permanent live and the ignition wire crossed over.
On my Kenwood you can just swap them over since they both come with bullet
connectors fitted, a 2 second job.

Jim.