Jamie

Default Audiobahn vs Pioneer REV 6.5

I'm soon going to be in the market for a new pair of 6.5's to go with
my new 4ch amp. Went to the audio shop today and listened to some of
the stuff they had. They had MB Quarts, Infinity, Memphis, and
Audiobahn coax 6.5's. To my ear the Audiobahns sounded the nicest, and
were priced at $120. But, I also heard the Pioneer REV 6.5(in my
friends truck) and they sounded OK - but of course I have no
comparison since I didn't hear them together. Any thoughts or
comparisons between the REVs and the Audiobahns?
EFFENDI

Jamie wrote:
I'm soon going to be in the market for a new pair of 6.5's to go with
my new 4ch amp. Went to the audio shop today and listened to some of
the stuff they had. They had MB Quarts, Infinity, Memphis, and
Audiobahn coax 6.5's. To my ear the Audiobahns sounded the nicest, and
were priced at $120. But, I also heard the Pioneer REV 6.5(in my
friends truck) and they sounded OK - but of course I have no
comparison since I didn't hear them together. Any thoughts or
comparisons between the REVs and the Audiobahns?

I've heard both, installed in a 95 Caprice. Personally I like the
Audiobahns.

EFFENDI
Jamie

EFFENDI wrote in message ...

I've heard both, installed in a 95 Caprice. Personally I like the
Audiobahns.

EFFENDI

I went back today and found out what model Audiobahns they were. They
were Audiobahn's cheapest series(AS) and the dealer cost on them is
$37 - talk about profit when they were selling them for $100.

The Pioneer is a higher priced speaker(which doesn't always
necessarily mean better). I just wish I could hear both of them side
by side. I also read somewhere that the Pioneers don't sound as good
with an amp as they do just off the head unit but I find that very
hard to believe(I think person that wrote that must have had stuff
tuned wrong).......any thoughts?