Michael McKelvy

"Roger McDodger" wrote in message
"Michael McKelvy" emitted :

Furthermore, there should be no objection to billboards depicting the
president. Like, this sort of thing.. http://tinyurl.com/5fpon

Lovely picture, which room in your house was it taken in?

It's not even an indoor shot. If you're going to try to make a joke,
try to at least make some sort of vague sense.

Sorry if it went over your head.

I know a kid with severe learning difficulties who is more coherent.

Will he be tutoring you then? :-)

Michael McKelvy

"Peter Thomas" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:42:57 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.
Why?
Yes, why do American classrooms have photos of Al Gore?

I don't know that they do.

But you said "Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the
current president".

Al Gore is not and never has been President.

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances,

Yes, indeed the Democrat tried their hardest to make it seem that way.
While the truth is they were trying to steal teh election because they
didn't like the outcome.

Ah, so the Florida roadblocks set up to stop black people voting must
have been a figment of the imagination of my friend's mum - who lives
in Florida.

There were none.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

[...]

What you've just heard is the standard right-wing neoconservative bull****
that
is recited whenever this issue comes up. It has been well documented that
many
blacks were either intimidated or outright turned away from voting booths
by
State troopers for various reasons.

Actually it has not been documented you moronic leftist ****head, it was
alleged and then disproved by every agency and newspaper that investigated.

It's also a well known fact that most
African Amercians tend to vote for Democratic canddiates.

Concerning the current elections, the president's borther, Jeb, and the
Republican Secretary of State in Florida have been up to their old
tricks, it
would appear.

Obeying the law? Yhat always makes it tougher on the left.

Jeb has tried to drag his feet on not letting felons that have
served their time in prison be reinstated on the voting rolls, as is their
right. Guess what? A large majority of these felons just happen to be
African
Americans and African Americans generally son't vote for Republican
candidates.
And as another questionable tactic, the Republican Secretary of State
appears
to be trying to disqualify voters in several predominantly Democratic
counties,
such as Broward (Ft. Lauderdale area) for the following petty
technicality -
not checking off a box on the voter registration form in which the
registrant
affirms he is a citizen of the USA. This would not be a problem, except,
as
has been widely reported in local newspapers, many of the se registrants
have
SIGNED THE REGISTRATION FORM IN WHICH THEY SWEAR THAT THEY ARE CITIZENS OF
THE
USA. Therefore, trying to use the fact that they overlooked checking a
box off
in whch the same information is required is obviously just another attempt
decrease voter registration, especially in counties such as Broward which
have
in past elections voted in significant majorities for the Democratic
candidates.

It's also been widely reported that the Democrats are doing their damndest
to keep Ralph Nader off the ballot, I guess that shows us how much they love
a fair fight.

As John Kerry & John Eedwards said in their recent debates, "More of the
same"
is what can be expected from the Republicans, it would appear.

You mean more of the same lies and leftist bull****.

Never mind, you lied enough for one post.

Michael McKelvy

"Roger McDodger" wrote in message
"Peter Thomas" emitted :

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a big
photo of himself in his room, with the caption "George W Bush"
underneath.

It's almost definite that he wears a bib whilst eating, out the public
glare. When he lifts a utensil to his mouth he often misses.

--

So when does the tutoring begin?

Michael McKelvy

"Peter Thomas" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 19:50:02 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

I mean, as if "Republican supporter" wasn't a big enough CLUE to point
out that someone favours misleading, inaccurate campaigns.

You inference that the Kerry campaign is somehow not misleading doesn't
pass
the smell test.

How many lies told by John Kerry have caused soldiers and civilians to
die, exactly?

Impossible to tell. Nobody knows how soon the N. Viet Namese would have
surrendered if it weren't for Kerry and his fellow travelers.

I didn't infer the Kerry campaign is "somehow not misleading". What on
earth makes you think I'm a Democrat supporter?

Generally when one is bashing one party they support the other. It seemed a
fair guess. Sorry if I got it wrong.

She claims that she never discussed politics with
students and the picture was with other presidents and that there was no
endorsement, just a picture.
Great, she will have sued the school for libel then, won't she? Won't
she?
Er...

A little early to tell.

Well, she'd have at least had a go back in the papers about the
school's response, wouldn't she? Wouldn't she?
Er...

It depends on whether or not the school board is telling the truth or just
covering their ass. I'm not conviced either way. If she's a crackpot they
have every right to sack her, however, if her side is true..............

Michael McKelvy

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Lucas Tam" wrote in message
.. .
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in
ink.net:

Pillai-Diaz said McCartney warned her against telling her story to
the
press, saying "it will be beyond [his] ability to help" her if she
did. She told The Post she was not sure if she would return to school
Monday

Did you read this???

http://www.sbschools.org/boe/announcements.php

Yes I did, but it is in direct contradiction with her story, so I don't
know whom to believe just yet. She claims that she never discussed
politics with students and the picture was with other presidents and that
there was no endorsement, just a picture.

The statement of the Superintendent seems rational, detailed and
believable, and
not the words of someone spewing the pc and Democratic talking points.

She seemed fairly sane when she was interviewed on O' Reilly.

Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:03:42 +0100, Roger McDodger
wrote:

It's not even an indoor shot. If you're going to try to make a joke,
try to at least make some sort of vague sense.

Yes, he should make jokes such as this one made by your good self:
[begin]
From: Roger McDodger
Newsgroups: alt.music.prodigy-the
Subject: OT: ATTN Peter Thomas..
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:10:20 +0100
"Resturant"
"vegtables"
"classis"
What kind of emporium is this???
[end]
Ha ha ha ha!!! Hilarious, isn't it? We all get it, don't we?

It was more of a wind up than a joke. Nobody else was supposed to get
it. That's why it revolved around the website you are (or were?) the
webmaster of and that's why the post was addressed to you "ATTN Peter
Thomas.." I figured you would recognize the misspellings (or at least
have them corrected) but whatever, dood.

Not my misspellings, and I can only see one of them ("Resturant") on
the site.

Having a go at typos is very very lame. Especially when you make them
yourself too!

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 05:53:38 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.
Why?
Yes, why do American classrooms have photos of Al Gore?
I don't know that they do.

But you said "Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the
current president".

Al Gore is not and never has been President.

Gimme those vote statistics. Let's hear 'em.

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances,
Yes, indeed the Democrat tried their hardest to make it seem that way.
While the truth is they were trying to steal teh election because they
didn't like the outcome.

Ah, so the Florida roadblocks set up to stop black people voting must
have been a figment of the imagination of my friend's mum - who lives
in Florida.

There were none.

Whereabouts in America are you from?

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:15:01 +0100, Roger McDodger
wrote:

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a big
photo of himself in his room, with the caption "George W Bush"
underneath.

It's almost definite that he wears a bib whilst eating, out the public
glare. When he lifts a utensil to his mouth he often misses.

He appears to be wearing something else, too...

Bush Blows it! Exposes Earpiece in Debate
by john reynolds

A few days ago, an Indymedia contributor made the provocative claim
that George W Bush was being secretly "coached" in his debate answers
through a hidden earpiece. Conspiracy theory or not, the argument has
raged across the board for several days. Read on and see what you
think.

(from the Open Newswire): "In the middle of an answer last night bush
said, "now let me finish" as if someone was interrupting him -- yet
nobody did -- he was talking to the person in his earpiece.

Listen to the mp3 yourself -- or watch the video at c-span. did
anyone out there record the debate -- we've got to get this video
clip out there -- the president needs an earpiece to make it thru a
debate!"

Also see: Is Bush Wired? [http://www.isbushwired.com/]

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:01:28 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a big
photo of himself in his room, with the caption "George W Bush"
underneath.

It's almost definite that he wears a bib whilst eating, out the public
glare. When he lifts a utensil to his mouth he often misses.

So when does the tutoring begin?

When he gets kicked out of office in favour of the real president.

looks at watch

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Peter Thomas

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:29:27 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

It's part of the education process,

"To imbue with a partisan or ideological point of view"
Just how education is "a picture" of the current president? Don't you
think kids see enough pictures of Their Leader in newspapers, on TV,
in educational materials etc?
don't schools in Britain have pictures of the Queen and/or the PM?

Maybe in a book or as part of an exercise or something. We don't have
them plastered all over the walls, and we don't worship them.

Would you sat the same about a picture of Clinton in each classroom, as
far as when he was President?

Are you operating under the delusion that I am pro-Clinton? That I am
pro-Democrat?

Are you arguing against Bush, or against the
issue of a Presidential picture in the classroom?

To have a photo of the leader in every classroom, it's so... North
Korea! Have you heard of George Orwell?

I find it ironic, that the country that is yelling the loudest against
the usual suspected terrorist nations, have a lot in common with them.

You wave flags everywhere, you (apparently) have pictures of the
'leader' in your classrooms, you allow religious dogma to infect
democratic process and the law, you have weapons of mass destruction
that you will not allow the UN to inspect.

There's a guy on the Bush administration who is so religiously
zealous, he wants to ban dancing. And the homophobia, well, that's
highly documented, and I bet you love it. Somehow, the phrase "Taliban
were defeated" doesn't quite ring true.

Tell me, apart from being Christian rather than Islamic, and being
mainly white-skinned rather than brown, what exactly is it that sets
the USA apart from all this terrorist-loving dictatorships?

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 03:28:36 +0100, Roger McDodger
wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.

Using this information, this proves you didn't go to school until the
year 2000 at the very earliest.

That's believable.

No, I have doubts. I can't believe he went to school.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:43:33 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

I mean, as if "Republican supporter" wasn't a big enough CLUE to point
out that someone favours misleading, inaccurate campaigns.
You inference that the Kerry campaign is somehow not misleading doesn't
pass
the smell test.

How many lies told by John Kerry have caused soldiers and civilians to
die, exactly?

The oines he told in1971, about knowledge of American atrrocities in Viet
Nam,

There were American atrocities in Vietnam. Your point?

had a terrible effect upon POW's who had to listen to the tapes of these
statements plyed by their North Vietnames captors.

That's America's fault for committing the atrocities.

So yes, Kohn Kerry's lies DID cause soldiers to die.

How many?

a) 4,000 or more.
b) Less than 4,000.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:22:32 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

I mean, as if "Republican supporter" wasn't a big enough CLUE to point
out that someone favours misleading, inaccurate campaigns.
You inference that the Kerry campaign is somehow not misleading doesn't
pass
the smell test.

How many lies told by John Kerry have caused soldiers and civilians to
die, exactly?

Impossible to tell. Nobody knows how soon the N. Viet Namese would have
surrendered if it weren't for Kerry and his fellow travelers.

Kerry lost you lot the Vietnam war? Is this truly what you are saying?

I didn't infer the Kerry campaign is "somehow not misleading". What on
earth makes you think I'm a Democrat supporter?

Generally when one is bashing one party they support the other. It seemed a
fair guess. Sorry if I got it wrong.

Well, I can trot out the old "when you assume..." cliche.

I don't like Kerry. I don't like the Democrats. I didn't like Gore -
the "inventor of the internet". I laughed at Clinton when he trotted
out "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

But, when you think about it, claiming to invent the internet, and
cheating on your wife, is nowhere near as harmful and as dangerous as
sending over 4,000 US soldiers to their deaths so you can stay in
office and keep your oil corp buddies rich.

As Michael Moore says, it's simple Dumb vs Dumber.

(Please write back saying "Michael Moore is a damned whining pussy
liberal who has millions of dollars, what a hypocrite", as if Michael
Moore ever stated that legitimately earning money was a bad thing.)

She claims that she never discussed politics with
students and the picture was with other presidents and that there was no
endorsement, just a picture.
Great, she will have sued the school for libel then, won't she? Won't
she?
Er...
A little early to tell.

Well, she'd have at least had a go back in the papers about the
school's response, wouldn't she? Wouldn't she?
Er...

It depends on whether or not the school board is telling the truth or just
covering their ass. I'm not conviced either way. If she's a crackpot they
have every right to sack her, however, if her side is true..............

Erm, considering the FACT that the principal couldn't sack her even if
he wanted to...

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:24:06 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

The statement of the Superintendent seems rational, detailed and
believable, and
not the words of someone spewing the pc and Democratic talking points.

She seemed fairly sane when she was interviewed on O' Reilly.

Someone goes into the Unfair and Balanced Towards The Right studios
and you think they're sane?

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Peter Thomas

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:26:00 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

Yes I did, but it is in direct contradiction with her story, so I don't
know whom to believe just yet. She claims that she never discussed
politics with students and the picture was with other presidents and that
there was no endorsement, just a picture.

The statement of the Superintendent seems rational, detailed and believable,
and
not the words of someone spewing the pc and Democratic talking points.

And totally against the pro-Republican nutcase.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Lionel

Clyde Slick wrote:

Oh, yeah, I remember, the one with the motto:
"All the news that fits our view, we pirnt"

I guess that if they have worte that like you, they would have lost more
of their readers.
Clyde Slick

Art wrote:

[...]

Then you've been misinformed when it comes to the voter registration form.
The
racial issue has to do with Florida's attempt (with the assistance of Jeb
Bush)
to delay or eliminate the rights of ex-felons to be able to vote again.
The
majority of ex-felons are African Americans, and it's commonly known that
most
African Americans vote for Democrats.

So, lets put my comments to Broward Count residents. How come they are so
unaware ofthe check off box and so aware of the affidavit?

ok, so how is it that are Broward residents are so unaeware of the
check off box, ahile being so astute about the affidavit?

ok, answer the question about how Broward people can be so stupid
and yet be so astute at the same time.

There has not been any claim made that this error was only happening to
Broward
County residents. Again, you're misinterpreting what I've actually said.
News
reports in Florida indicate that the failure to check off the box about
citizenship is a fairly common error throughout the state.

What is reallly germane, which you appear unwilling to want to consider is
that. as in 2000, when a Republican Secretary of State created
controversy and
suspicions because of divisive and questionable tactics, the same thing is
apparently happening in 2004. It has been reported that in several
counties,
and Broward just happens to be one of them, large numbers of voting
registration forms have been rejected by the Secretary of State for the
reasons
described. It also appears that this is being done more often in counties
with
large Democratic voting blocs.

In any case, given Florida's history of rrecent voting irregularities,
it's not
surprising that many are objecting and legal challenges are being planned.
It
was also reported quite some time ago that the Democratic Party will have
team of lawyers in Florida carefully evaluating the voting process. In
light
of what happened in 2000, this is to be expected.

You still have to answer the thrust of the question.
You waxed poetic about their affirming their citizenship
in the affidavit, and that they ignored the same question which required
a check off in an answer box. You are making a false
assumption about whether or not they really understood, or even
read, the affidavit. their lackadaisical attention to the affidavit
is evidenced by their ignoring the check box.
the

I make no assumptions about African Americans being lackadaisacal, nor
does my
post indicate that at any point. Your misinterpretation of what I've
written
remains. Voting irregularities and manipulation of the voting process is
the
central issue, and Florida voters are, according to these 2 examples, once
again being subjected to politically motivated efforts to reduce the
voting
turnout, especially amongst Democrats.

You still didn't answer the question.
Stop with the talking points.
Answer the question.

Sander deWaal

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

What you've just heard is the standard right-wing neoconservative bull**** that
is recited whenever this issue comes up. It has been well documented that many
blacks were either intimidated or outright turned away from voting booths by
State troopers for various reasons. It's also a well known fact that most
African Amercians tend to vote for Democratic canddiates.

Concerning the current elections, the president's borther, Jeb, and the
Republican Secretary of State in Florida have been up to their old tricks, it
would appear. Jeb has tried to drag his feet on not letting felons that have
served their time in prison be reinstated on the voting rolls, as is their
right. Guess what? A large majority of these felons just happen to be African
Americans and African Americans generally son't vote for Republican candidates.
And as another questionable tactic, the Republican Secretary of State appears
to be trying to disqualify voters in several predominantly Democratic counties,
such as Broward (Ft. Lauderdale area) for the following petty technicality -
not checking off a box on the voter registration form in which the registrant
affirms he is a citizen of the USA. This would not be a problem, except, as
has been widely reported in local newspapers, many of the se registrants have
SIGNED THE REGISTRATION FORM IN WHICH THEY SWEAR THAT THEY ARE CITIZENS OF THE
USA. Therefore, trying to use the fact that they overlooked checking a box off
in whch the same information is required is obviously just another attempt to
decrease voter registration, especially in counties such as Broward which have
in past elections voted in significant majorities for the Democratic
candidates.

As John Kerry & John Eedwards said in their recent debates, "More of the same"
is what can be expected from the Republicans, it would appear.

But even when the vote count in Florida would have resulted in a
winning situation for the Democrats, the national divide would still
have been close to 50/50.
Meaning, half of the country wants to see Republicans at the helm, the
other half likes to see Democrats in the White house.
Then there's the little inconvenience of a Republican majority in
Congress and Senate.

Don't you love democrazy? :-)

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Lionel

Sander deWaal wrote:
(Bruce J. Richman) said:

[...]

Nothing wrong with that, only something about 17,000 deads.

Bruce J. Richman

Art wrote:

[...]

The question was answered 2 posts ago. Your premise was faulty and based on a
misreading and misunderstanding of what I actually wrote.

Bruce J. Richman

Bruce J. Richman

Sajnder deWaal wrote:

(Bruce J. Richman) said:

[...]

Florida's vote totals (at least those actually counted) indicated a difference
between the 2 candidates of a little over 500 votes - a relatively small
number. Unfortunately, we also have an antiquated "electoral college system"
in which small population states wield undue influence on the outcome of
presidential elections. And imbalances between the party of the President and
the parties iwth majorities in the Congress are nothing new, yet other
presidents have seemed to be more adept at overcoming partisan differences.

In my opinion, a useful first step would be to scrap the Electoral College
system in favor of a one person, one vote model in which presidents are
directly elected.

Bruce J. Richman

Michael McKelvy

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
(Bruce J. Richman) said:

[...]

There was no time when teh vote count would have resulted in a Democrat win.
Bush won every single count. Yes the divide was 50/50. IMO this shows that
the country is moving farther to the right of center. Good for teh economy
and the war on terror, bad for pro-abortionists and those who read things
into the constitution that aren't there.

As usual, I will vote for a different party.

Meaning, half of the country wants to see Republicans at the helm, the
other half likes to see Democrats in the White house.
Then there's the little inconvenience of a Republican majority in
Congress and Senate.

Don't you love democrazy? :-)

I like the way ours is set up so that the real polar extremes don't have
much of a chance.

The only reason anyone talks about getting rid of the Electoral College is
they want to insure Democrat Presidents.

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.
Why?
Yes, why do American classrooms have photos of Al Gore?
I don't know that they do.
But you said "Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the
current president".

Al Gore is not and never has been President.

Gimme those vote statistics. Let's hear 'em.

Which stats would that be? The Electoral College elects the President.

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances,
Yes, indeed the Democrat tried their hardest to make it seem that way.
While the truth is they were trying to steal teh election because they
didn't like the outcome.
Ah, so the Florida roadblocks set up to stop black people voting must
have been a figment of the imagination of my friend's mum - who lives
in Florida.

There were none.

Whereabouts in America are you from?

California present and for the last 30 years.
--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

If we're on about that Bush dude who has taken office in highly
dubious circumstances, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a big
photo of himself in his room, with the caption "George W Bush"
underneath.
It's almost definite that he wears a bib whilst eating, out the public
glare. When he lifts a utensil to his mouth he often misses.

So when does the tutoring begin?

When he gets kicked out of office in favour of the real president.

looks at watch

According to most recent polling data for electoral college votes, George W.
Bush will win. In the popular vote it's a dead heat.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

[...]

How about allowing N. Korea to have nukes?

As Michael Moore says, it's simple Dumb vs Dumber.

Michael Moore is a well documented liar.

(Please write back saying "Michael Moore is a damned whining pussy
liberal who has millions of dollars, what a hypocrite", as if Michael
Moore ever stated that legitimately earning money was a bad thing.)

Irrelevant, he's makes his money by making theings up and calling them
documentaries.

[...]

Yes, the flaw of tenure.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

The statement of the Superintendent seems rational, detailed and
believable, and
not the words of someone spewing the pc and Democratic talking points.

She seemed fairly sane when she was interviewed on O' Reilly.

Someone goes into the Unfair and Balanced Towards The Right studios
and you think they're sane?

--

I think everyone deserves to tell their story, where they tell it is of no
consequence, only the truth of what they say matters.

pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
[hyphen] ¦ all the way to
inn [dot] ¦ the chip-shop"
co [dot] uk¦ - Jilted John

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

Yes I did, but it is in direct contradiction with her story, so I don't
know whom to believe just yet. She claims that she never discussed
politics with students and the picture was with other presidents and
that
there was no endorsement, just a picture.

The statement of the Superintendent seems rational, detailed and
believable,
and
not the words of someone spewing the pc and Democratic talking points.

And totally against the pro-Republican nutcase.

Naturally, to be pro-Republican makes one a nutcase.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

[...]

Freedom!

pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
[hyphen] ¦ all the way to
inn [dot] ¦ the chip-shop"
co [dot] uk¦ - Jilted John

Clyde Slick

Art Sackman wrote:

The question was answered 2 posts ago. Your premise was faulty and based
on a
misreading and misunderstanding of what I actually wrote.

you completley ducked my question. But, if you believe you answered it,
humor me and answer it again.

You said:
[...]

So--- how can people so inattentive and/or incompetent when it comes to
their failure
to check off the box affirming they are citizens, suddenly become so cogent
about the
the contents of the affidavit above their signature?
Common sennse would lead one to believe that they breezed through the form
with a
cursory glance, not paying attention to both the check off box and the
affidavit,
before signing it. Do, they really did not willfully and attentively affirm
their
citizenship.

Bruce J. Richman

You said:
[...]

The answer is the same as before, but you fail to acknowledge it was given. No
claim was made me that people were lackadaisical. That would be your spin on
what I said, but not what I actually said. Alsio, you confused the issue of
racial bias (germane only to ex-felons in Florida) with the totally separate
issue of a Republican Secretary of State denying voters in certain counties
with heavy Democratic populations the right to vote because of technical errors
in how they filled out a registration form. Don't insult my intelligence by
assuming that I don't realize that it's pretty easy to overlook a checkoff box.

Nothing you have said takes away from the fact that this will be ithe second
straight Presidential election in Flroida in which a Republican Secretary of
State has appeared to be manipulating voter turnouts. I expect that legal
challenges will be raised.

NBC News reported tonight that Florida is among about 5 states that are now
filing legal challenges about the way in which the voting procedure is being
conducted.

I'm certainly willing to let the courts decide.

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:

I guess that if they have worte that like you, they would have lost more
of their readers.

Worte are you talking about?

Peter Thomas

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:14:58 GMT, "Michael McKelvy"
wrote:

There's a guy on the Bush administration who is so religiously
zealous, he wants to ban dancing. And the homophobia, well, that's
highly documented, and I bet you love it. Somehow, the phrase "Taliban
were defeated" doesn't quite ring true.
Tell me, apart from being Christian rather than Islamic, and being
mainly white-skinned rather than brown, what exactly is it that sets
the USA apart from all this terrorist-loving dictatorships?

Freedom!

Homosexuality is outlawed in several states, as is oral sex, you can't
go to Cuba, the guy who lost the popular vote assumes the office of
president, petty litigation is rife, and the legal system has some of
the most harshest laws against harmless recreational drugs.

If that's "freedom", lock me up.

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
Clyde Slick

You said:
[...]

Again, you spoke to something other than the question I asked.
You are the one that brought up the issue regarding the affidavit signature
on
the registration form, you even emphasized it with all caps
"SIGNED THE REGISTRATION FORM IN WHICH THEY SWEAR THAT THEY ARE CITIZENS OF
THE USA" as an answer to the forms being denied
legitimacy becuase of failure to check off the box.
Here is the question again:
How you be sure that people so inattentive to miss having to check off the
box
suddenly become so aware, that they actually read and understand the
affidavit
above their signature?

Clyde Slick

wrote:

There's a guy on the Bush administration who is so religiously
zealous, he wants to ban dancing. And the homophobia, well, that's
highly documented, and I bet you love it. Somehow, the phrase "Taliban
were defeated" doesn't quite ring true.
Tell me, apart from being Christian rather than Islamic, and being
mainly white-skinned rather than brown, what exactly is it that sets
the USA apart from all this terrorist-loving dictatorships?

Freedom!

Homosexuality is outlawed in several states, as is oral sex, you can't
go to Cuba, the guy who lost the popular vote assumes the office of
president, petty litigation is rife, and the legal system has some of
the most harshest laws against harmless recreational drugs.

If that's "freedom", lock me up.

one freedom you have here, that you might not have
in a terrorism sponsoring dictatorship,
is the ability to leave, and live in another place
more to your liking. And another freedom you
have here that you won't have
in a terrorist sponsoring dictatorship, is that you can elect to stay here,
and suffer from living in such a horrible place as this, and
and still be free to criticize it.

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

There's a guy on the Bush administration who is so religiously
zealous, he wants to ban dancing. And the homophobia, well, that's
highly documented, and I bet you love it. Somehow, the phrase "Taliban
were defeated" doesn't quite ring true.
Tell me, apart from being Christian rather than Islamic, and being
mainly white-skinned rather than brown, what exactly is it that sets
the USA apart from all this terrorist-loving dictatorships?

Freedom!

Homosexuality is outlawed in several states,

Which ones?

as is oral sex,

You don't get out much do you?

you can't
go to Cuba,

Why do you suppose that is?

the guy who lost the popular vote assumes the office of
president,

Because in our system. it's not the popular vote that elects the President.
It's also a sytem that has worked well for 200 years.

petty litigation is rife,

Because unlike the UK we don't have a loser pays system. I dopn't like it
but it does allow anyone to get a day in court.

and the legal system has some of
the most harshest laws against harmless recreational drugs.

"Most harshest?" I'm opposed to laws against recreational drug use, but it
takes more people than currently are inclined to change it.

If that's "freedom", lock me up.

What's your address?

--
pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried

Michael McKelvy

wrote:

Every classroom I was ever in had a picture of the current president.
Using this information, this proves you didn't go to school until the
year 2000 at the very earliest.

That's believable.

No, I have doubts. I can't believe he went to school.

That's alrigh, we've already established that your not smart enough to kow
the difference between a free country and a dictatorship, so your opinion
isn't really worth much.

pete [at] ¦ "I was so upset
horseshoe ¦ that I cried
[hyphen] ¦ all the way to
inn [dot] ¦ the chip-shop"
co [dot] uk¦ - Jilted John

Bruce J. Richman

You said:
[...]

Art, if you want to repost the *entire* response that I gave, you will find
that I'm not making any claims about people being either sure or unsure. All
that said, why do you assume that if somebody signs an oath that they are
citizen, that they didn't read the form? You can argue either way
(lackadaisical or just making a simple trivial error of omission). The reality
is that we'll never know which version is true.
However, do you think it's appropriate for a Secretary of State to be
preventing people from registering when they've signed a form attesting that
they are citizens and otherwise meet all the voting registration requirements?

The real issue is why is Florida and at least 4 other states (according to NBC
News) filing legal challenges concerning the way the voting process is being
conducted?

Bruce J. Richman

Lionel

Clyde Slick wrote:
"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick wrote:

I guess that if they have worte that like you, they would have lost more
of their readers.

Worte are you talking about?

Oh you get the joke ? Have you forgot to take your downers ?
JBorg

Clyde Slick wrote
Bruce J. Richman wrote

The question was answered 2 posts ago. Your premise was faulty and based
on a misreading and misunderstanding of what I actually wrote.

you completley ducked my question. But, if you believe you answered it,
humor me and answer it again.

Touche.

You said:
[...]

I see here that Clyde's argument in this corner rest upon whether it is reasonable
enough to assume if inattentiveness and/or incompetence of voters validly justify
the state to disqualify their vote.

Common sennse would lead one to believe that they breezed through the form
with a cursory glance, [...]

This is poor inductive reasoning, it is difficult to accept your conclusion beyond
the realm of certainty if all you have you based solely on probable cause.
Common sense should lead you to believe that they did not necessarily breeze
through the form. If they did, there should be sufficient suspected data or
evidence, for example, that they checked off the box but failed to signed. So far,
I didn't read anywhere above that this had occured. Of course this also doesn't
have to happen if they breeze but what would you derive in conclusion if there is
a pattern in error..............?

[...] not paying attention to both the check off box and the affidavit, before signing
it.

Another one. Visual impairments and confusion has always been popular among
the elderly, you know.

Do, they really did not willfully and attentively affirm their citizenship.

Do you have any reason to believe that they willfully and attentively disaffirm their
citizenship ?