Onyi C. Ejiasa

Default Physically small amps?

David,

When you are hurting for space, you generally want to go for a class D amp.
Why? Less heat. Keep in mind also that class D amps generally work better
when pumped up in volume. They generally are not too good with SQ when
turned down low. Of course this will depend greatly on the manufacturer.

If you go with a class AB amp, make sure you set up some crossflow fans to
keep them from frying.

Onyi C. Ejiasa - NWT, NCW, NCLA
Firstlink Technology, Inc.
4260 East Evans Avenue, Denver, CO 80222
PH 303.691.8200 | FAX 303.691.8208
| www.firstlink.com
"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Hello everyone,

I am putting a system in my 2003 Ford Ranger and I need amps that will fit
under the front seats. I really wanted to use an Alpine MRD-500 500 watt
mono amp to power a Kicker S8L7 and MRV-F340 65x4 to power four SPR-574a

5x7
coaxial speakers, but those two amps are just a hair too big to fit under
the seats. I don't want them out in the open where they can bee seen, the
two amps I buy have to fit under the seats.

The Alpine MRP-F240 4x50, and MRP-M350 350x1 amps will fit under the

seats,
but they are the lowest end of the Alpine line and I don't like buying

entry
level models. Also, this line does not have the remote bass knob which I
would like.

I am not looking for a super loud system, just one of good quality. Who
makes good small amps? A good mono amp with a remote bass knob? I would
prefer to buy from Etronics because they ship to Canada and let me know up
front what the final price is in my currency.

Thanks,

David.

n8 skow

Probably the smallest high-power amps out there, look at the Memphis ClassD
line...
http://www.memcaraudio.com/
Maybe a D250 or D500

n8

[...]

n8 skow

You musta missed that he wanted a amp small enough to fit under the seat
dude... The ZD-2000 is almost 20" long

n8

What is your email address? I have an amp you would be interested in. It's
Kove's best, Class D mono sub amp, 1300W RMS 1 ohm stable. ZD 2000-V.

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs

It would fit under my front car seats, why not a truck?

"Brandon Buckner" wrote in message
Maybe a Lay-z-boy...

Brandonb

ãÞ0çã|ÿÞs wrote:

It won't fit under a seat??

"n8 skow" wrote in message

You musta missed that he wanted a amp small enough to fit under the seat
dude... The ZD-2000 is almost 20" long

n8

What is your email address? I have an amp you would be interested in.

It's

Kove's best, Class D mono sub amp, 1300W RMS 1 ohm stable. ZD 2000-V.

receiver with small footprint Dan General 2 July 14th 04 02:18 AM
Small, wireless stereo mics? [email protected] General 16 July 1st 04 09:32 AM
Headphone amps JohnCM General 2 March 13th 04 08:23 AM
2 amps and one set of speakers - ok? GregS General 7 July 17th 03 02:05 PM
Amps: One box or two? muffbuster Car Audio 0 July 1st 03 03:28 AM