Posted to rec.audio.tech
weft2 weft2 is offline

Default Question Online Radio Streaming Software and Hardware

I have a question Replay Music software vs ADS Instant Music/FM
Radio Recorder hardware & software. I know that Replay allows you to
record wav files (?) to your pc, and that later you might use another
program to convert them to mp3 to play on an mp3 player (or some mp3
players like the Rio might play wav's already?). I also understand
that with Replay you can cut up a radio program into various songs
that you pick and choose to save.

OTOH, I read the that the small ADS FM Radio Recorder USB Hardware
w.software basically does the some of the same things, but saves files
as mp3's, and that you can't cut up the radio show into separate songs
or clips. Also, what advantage is it to have a small piece of hardware
as in the USB FM Radio Recorder that scans(?) and finds local online
radio stations for you, when you can just search online yourself and
find the urls?
MediaGuru MediaGuru is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weft2 View Post
[...]

Hey Hey, the ADS thing is ok, a friend of mine has it actually...you can order it through Amazon and it probably takes about a week to get it. I saw his and thought IT was ok,I was CONSIDERING getting it..but I decided to get Replay Music instead because I wanted to record NOW and not wait a week to get it in the mail, that and, I really saw no advantage to something like this when I can just search online and find my OWN radio shows....why do I need a little gimmicky usb driver for that? Anyways, now HE'S jealous and about to buy Replay Music too! LOL

Basically, Replay Music allows you to make MP3s from online radio stations, MySpace, Music Videos, Digital Music Services, or pretty much any online music source. It records them, and breaks them down With the artist, album, song and genre placed into the file for you.

Anyways, I did purchase this software, and i've got to say it's very VERY much worth it. I use it to record form napster, rhapsody, yahoo music, shoot..even Pandora and Myspace MP3's band's post/host online.

So yeah, If you want MY opinion, try out Replay Music's demo for free, I think they let you record 20 or 25 songs for FREE or something like that, so you can see if you like it, or if it's a piece of poop, lol I recomend it, So here, check out this site:
http://www.applian.com/replay-music/ TO DOWNLOAD IT FOR *FREE* and if you don't like it, easy...don't buy it.

I hope this helps. :-)

Media Guru

Last edited by MediaGuru : January 10th 08 at 10:30 PM