Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!

Default Question for nyob

Earlier I asked you this question. I am repeating it because I am
interested in how you, as a self-professed libertarian, would answer:

I have a friend who says that he's a libertarian. He says that
businesses should be allowed to not allow blacks, muslims, or any other

minority or class of people, into them, or that they should not be
required to hire them if they do not want to. The market, he claims,
will 'make the adjustment if their position is incorrect' (which of
course ignores the fact that the other 88% of the population would not
care, as it does not effect them), and that to force a business to
serve anybody, or to hire anybody, that they do not want to is against
their civil liberties.

How do you feel about that position?

So do you agree or disagree with my friend's statement?