Ed

Default 2004 Cadillac 2004 Navigation DVD - Modify to watch while driving.

I purchased a 2004 Cadillac with dvd navigation. It plays movie DVD
while in park and I want to know if any one out there knows how to
modify it so that my passengers can watch a dvd while the car is in
motion?

It currently cuts off as soon as you move the gear selector out of
park.

Thank you
Ed

Masterson

KJM, do you KNOW this to be true, or are you just guessing?

Most likely ED, the microprocessor sees both the parking brake
signal and the VSS signal (Vehicle Speed Sense).

Would like to hear from KJM, have you done it before?

Simply bypass the park switch in your shifter.

I purchased a 2004 Cadillac with dvd navigation. It plays movie DVD

while in park and I want to know if any one out there knows how to
modify it so that my passengers can watch a dvd while the car is in
motion?

It currently cuts off as soon as you move the gear selector out of
park.

Thank you
Ed

Jeff

"Masterson" wrote in message
KJM, do you KNOW this to be true, or are you just guessing?

Most likely ED, the microprocessor sees both the parking brake
signal and the VSS signal (Vehicle Speed Sense).

Would like to hear from KJM, have you done it before?

The DVD unit I looked at had data lines to power on.
That was a 2003 Ford/Delco.
Jeff

Masterson

Jeff?

Are you talking about GM's Class Two Data Bus?
Thats not what he was talking about. He was asking
about getting the DVD signal to stay on while moving.

Also, what do you mean by "2003 Ford/Delco"?
He doesnt have a Ford.

I'm sorry Ed......maybe someone will post some useful
info soon that we can understand.

KJM, do you KNOW this to be true, or are you just guessing?

Most likely ED, the microprocessor sees both the parking brake
signal and the VSS signal (Vehicle Speed Sense).

Would like to hear from KJM, have you done it before?

The DVD unit I looked at had data lines to power on.
That was a 2003 Ford/Delco.
Jeff

Masterson

You might not be able to yet.