Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Shuguang not making 845 any more?

Maybe Shuguang are not making any more 845.

I am finding stocks of chinese 845 to be very low, and KR Audio 845 have
now become absurdly expensive if you buy from the US, which isn't an
option because some places with stocks won't sell any to Oz.

One price I saw when the aud was 90c US a few months ago had KR845 at
usd $534 but they didn't return my emails. And the notice on the site
said they don't export outside the US and that the 845 was discontinued.

The KR T100 which is if anything a better tube than the 845 because it
has higher gm and much lower Ra than the 845 for about the same µ is
also a rare thing to be seen anywhere for sale.

So, Are the days of the 845 over? Was the re-commencement of 845
production a "flash in the pan"? Was it only an illusion that the world
really was a OK?

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Paul Crawford Paul Crawford is offline

Patrick Turner wrote:
Maybe Shuguang are not making any more 845.

I am finding stocks of chinese 845 to be very low, and KR Audio 845 have
now become absurdly expensive if you buy from the US, which isn't an

One UK dealer is still listing them as in stock, but that may not count
for much:

http://www.tube-shop.com/uk/prod_gd.asp

Incidentally, what is happening with the Western Electric 300B
production? I don't see any stock on the above site, and the company's
web site is looking somewhat dated.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Paul Crawford wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:
Maybe Shuguang are not making any more 845.

I am finding stocks of chinese 845 to be very low, and KR Audio 845 have
now become absurdly expensive if you buy from the US, which isn't an

One UK dealer is still listing them as in stock, but that may not count
for much:

http://www.tube-shop.com/uk/prod_gd.asp

The metal plate types are listed at 140 BP, which is about aud $340.

The graphite plate version is cheaper at 99 BP or aud $235.

Direct from China has been MUCH cheaper, but they don't seem to have
stocks.

Patrick Turner.

Incidentally, what is happening with the Western Electric 300B
production? I don't see any stock on the above site, and the company's
web site is looking somewhat dated.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
RS McCown RS McCown is offline

Second hand rumors,
http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=tubes&m=213899

They'll probably get enough of whatever they needed from our recycling
we send over. Gonna be some super-fund (poison ground/water) over
there!

Experience with Shuguang tubes jaap[_2_] Vacuum Tubes 11 August 7th 07 11:09 AM
Shuguang 845M use in SET amps. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 7 January 13th 06 10:09 AM
Making Money Paul Kurtyka Pro Audio 11 December 15th 05 01:31 AM
DVD/CD - The Making Of... John Phillips Pro Audio 3 September 16th 05 12:12 PM
Pictures of Shuguang factory Stevey Vacuum Tubes 31 December 20th 04 05:26 PM