Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
WillStG

Default Fox "News"

(Per Karlsson)
In the PIPA article they demonstrate that the more you watch FOX the
less you know, and the more likely you are to support Bush! (Page 12
and onward.) Incredibly fascinating!
It would be interesting to hear the views on this of our resident FOX
insider.

Interesting.

Harvard Business School is doing a study of Fox News Channel too, because
a business like FNC going up against entrenched competition has never gone from
zero to dominance in 5 years. Maybe if they read this study they can just save
themselves the trouble, huh... We win in the ratings because people want to
lose their critical faculties! That that, Spice Channel!

Our Ad Sales guys were talking to Interns today about back in the
beginning how hard it was to sell advertising on a channel with no ratings, our
CFO was also talking about how when we announced our launch they actually
laughed at the News conference, Ted Turner said he would squash us, and we were
on no cables systems and had no advertisers.

But we did have people who were unafraid to take chances. And we built
loyal viewers one by one, when people complained our logo was burning into
their TV screens and asked us to change it we had to come up with the revolving
logo (bug we call it. True story.) Who knew our viewers, who single handedly
forced Marriot and other hotel chains to carry Fox News, were so dedicated to
becoming stupid? Who knew the word of mouth that forced many cable systems to
carry us under threat of viewers switching to Direct TV was due to such
dedication to ignorance?

Maybe there's a slogan in this somewhere. "Fox News, it's like a
vacation!" Or maybe, "Fox News, it's like that pleasant afterglow - you know
what we're talking about!"

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News