Sanitarium

Default Good SQ demo CDs ???

Qhick Survey,
What CDs (disk name & artist) do you guys use to demo/test/show-off your
system? I'm looking for high SQ recordings, things that test vocals,
sound stage and imaging.

Thanks,
Garrett
Soundfreak03

Qhick Survey,
What CDs (disk name & artist) do you guys use to demo/test/show-off your
system? I'm looking for high SQ recordings, things that test vocals,
sound stage and imaging.

Thanks,
Garrett

I use a disk from a band called Toy Matinee self entitled disc. The mastering
on that disc is down extremely well. I use that when I set up concert systems.

Les
Paul Vina

Any of the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra albums on the Telarc label. The Boston
Acoustics CD's are nice as well. If you don't mind song snippets, the IASCA
CD's are great. They have a pretty wide variety of music as well. The
Boston discs usually have pictures in the liner notes that show how the
stage should sound for each track.

Paul Vina

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
Qhick Survey,
What CDs (disk name & artist) do you guys use to demo/test/show-off your
system? I'm looking for high SQ recordings, things that test vocals,
sound stage and imaging.

Thanks,
Garrett

Mark Zarella

Test them for what?

--
Mark Zarella
zarellam at upstate dot edu

"Sanitarium" wrote in message
Qhick Survey,
What CDs (disk name & artist) do you guys use to demo/test/show-off your
system? I'm looking for high SQ recordings, things that test vocals,
sound stage and imaging.

Thanks,
Garrett

The Lizard

Sanitarium wrote:
Qhick Survey,
What CDs (disk name & artist) do you guys use to demo/test/show-off your
system? I'm looking for high SQ recordings, things that test vocals,
sound stage and imaging.

Since all my CD's are in a closet, and all my music is in either MP3 or
OGG, You'll have to do without the disk name in some cases.

White Zombie, "La Sexercisto: Devil Music Vol. 1"
Sarah Brightman, "Dive"
Better Than Ezra, "Deluxe", "Friction, Baby", "How Does Your Garden Grow"
Pachabel, "Canon in D" (No album, the guy had been dead for 200 years
when this was discovered).
Phillip Glass, "Knee Play 1" from "Einstein on the Beach"
Copland, "Simple Gifts theme and variations" from "Appalachian Spring"
Anguun, "Snow on the Sahara" (Whatever happenned to her?)
Pretty much anything from Ani Difranco, Vanessa Carlton, or Ravi Shankar.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/
Save Farscape http://www.watchfarscape.com